Author Topic: Dump On AVG!  (Read 1399 times)

reactosguy

• Kudos: 2
    • Microsoft Sucks !!!
Dump On AVG!
« on: 3 October 2010, 02:01 »
For crying out loud, AVG! Your detection rate and threat list are the best, but thanks for screwing up my computer!

I trusted you since January, why did you betray me? Not keeping up-to-date, screwing up other antiviruses, and my Internet connection!? Is that your real job? I used System Restore and my AV is in RUINS!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!??

I'LL GIVE AVG A BIG FAT F.U. IN THE FACE!!! OH THE HORROR!!!

But then again, aren't AVs a scam? Companies making viruses and blaming them on others! SHAME ON YOU AVG!!!

Now I have to wait for the end...

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Re: Dump On AVG!
« Reply #1 on: 3 October 2010, 04:40 »
Companies making viruses and blaming them on others!
That isn't how it works. If you really think anti-virus companies create virusses, that's pretty conspiracy nut of you.

You should blame Microsoft for waiting until 2001 to implement somewhat of a glimpse of a security framework on the Windows desktop.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #2 on: 3 October 2010, 11:52 »
I trusted you since January, why did you betray me? Not keeping up-to-date, screwing up other antiviruses, and my Internet connection!? Is that your real job? I used System Restore and my AV is in RUINS!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!??
You shouldn't run more than one AV program simultaneously, not wonder it fucked up.

But then again, aren't AVs a scam? Companies making viruses and blaming them on others! SHAME ON YOU AVG!!!
I don't believe that, if that were true they'd get into serious trouble when the got found out.

There's no point in using memory resident AV anyway, all it does is slow the computer down. If I remember rightly I dumped AV because it wouldn't let me turn auto-updates or realtime scanning off, no other reason. I now use Clamwin AV which unfortunately has a shit detection rate but at least it doesn't slow my computer down as it doesn't do realtime scanning.

To minimise the virus risk, create two accounts, one limited for normal use and one administrator for installing software and hardware driver. Don't install anything you're not sure about and virus scan software before installing. Disable all the insecure services.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

reactosguy

• Kudos: 2
    • Microsoft Sucks !!!
« Reply #3 on: 3 October 2010, 14:57 »
The point is, AVG ruined my Wireless Internet connection.

Now that my ISP AV seems to fail to run, I'm just going to wait for the end...

You shouldn't run more than one AV program simultaneously, not wonder it fucked up.

I was a bit afraid of viruses attacking my computer so I installed AVG and then removed the other AV.

I don't believe that, if that were true they'd get into serious trouble when the got found out.

I was making that up to express my hate for AVG now.

There's no point in using memory resident AV anyway, all it does is slow the computer down. If I remember rightly I dumped AV because it wouldn't let me turn auto-updates or realtime scanning off, no other reason. I now use Clamwin AV which unfortunately has a shit detection rate but at least it doesn't slow my computer down as it doesn't do realtime scanning.

Yes, the AVs are too evil these days. Too much RAM spending, weren't said applications designed to be memory efficient?

To minimise the virus risk, create two accounts, one limited for normal use and one administrator for installing software and hardware driver. Don't install anything you're not sure about and virus scan software before installing. Disable all the insecure services.

I have a normal Guest account and an admin account.

I remember that my computer gave no output for the desktop bar the background image and even Ctrl+Alt+Del wouldn't work so I did some things from my other account after restarting.

That isn't how it works. If you really think anti-virus companies create virusses, that's pretty conspiracy nut of you.

No, I don't think that. I'm just tired of AVG slapping me.

You should blame Microsoft for waiting until 2001 to implement somewhat of a glimpse of a security framework on the Windows desktop.

Yeah, Microsoft had believed "Oh our system is perfectly secure" before, I remember AJ saying something about how on WinNT 3.1 his MS AV didn't detect any viruses so he got a better AV that detected a boot sector virus.