Author Topic: Ballmer again, 90% of Chinese MS products are pirated  (Read 1582 times)

davidnix71

• Kudos: 501

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
Re: Ballmer again, 90% of Chinese MS products are pirated
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2011, 21:23 »
Probably true, the Chinese are notorious for pirating software.

I thought Microsoft were still offering updates to pirate software?

Things have gone too far in the US with protecting of IP, indoing so sacrificing consumer rights and free speech, if they go any further it will lead to more censorship Chinese style.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2011, 00:26 »
I thought Microsoft were still offering updates to pirate software?
Microsoft still updates pirated Windows copies, because they fear that if they don't, there will be millions of Windows PC's sending spam (and that already happens on Windows PC's that are fully updated).

However, if you're not careful, and you install "Windows Validator" with the updates, you get these great pop-ups on your desktop:

Couldn't find an English picture.
Translation: "Ask for legitimate Microsoft software. You're possibly the victim of software forgery. This copy of Windows is validated as non-legal."

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #3 on: 27 January 2011, 21:31 »
Heh, I've still got an install of Windows 7 RC1. The "trial" period expired months ago and I still get updates. It does randomly shut itself down every once in a while to "punish" me, but it doesn't bother me much.

I think 90% Piracy rate more than anything proves that Microsoft products just cost too much. It doesn't help of course that Chinese OEMs have no problem at all with selling computers with pirated software.
sig.