Author Topic: Moving to France  (Read 2545 times)

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
Moving to France
« on: 24 December 2013, 00:41 »
For anyone still posting here. I got a job offer in Paris and I am going to move there in a couple of months. It's an 18 month renewable contract in java software development.

I am, of course, planning to visit as much of Europe as possible while I'm there

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
Re: Moving to France
« Reply #1 on: 24 December 2013, 20:21 »
Good for you.

Do you already know anyone who lives there? If not, moving to another country where you don't know anyone can be difficult.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Laukev7

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: 26 December 2013, 15:32 »
I don't know anyone in France. However, we have strong cultural ties with the French and I'm going to be surrounded by expats.

I won't let the difficulties stop me from taking such an opportunity however. Traveling to Europe has been a lifelong dream for me.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #3 on: 27 December 2013, 00:41 »
Good on you.

I suppose you're talking to someone who doesn't like change and even found going on holiday with a friend scary. Fortunately I've found a job now, just four miles from where I live.
« Last Edit: 27 December 2013, 00:47 by Aloone_Jonez »
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Laukev7

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: 27 December 2013, 00:59 »
I've been to Europe before; including France and the Netherlands, more than 12 years ago. It was a 2-week school trip to 4 countries. I spent two years collecting funds for it via door-to-door sales. One of the few good moments I had in highschool.

I only spent two days in Germany though, and 0 in the UK. I'm planning to visit both whenever I can.

My old job was 10 mins from home. I wasn't happy there though and I only lasted two months.
« Last Edit: 27 December 2013, 01:01 by Laukev7 »