Author Topic: networking my house  (Read 406 times)

timrob

• Kudos: 0
networking my house
« on: 10 January 2003, 13:31 »
I have recently networked my house to share a DSL connection. We have macs and a PC "shuddder". The macs networked flawlessly of course but the PC (win 98) refused to see the router. I asked a PC tosser at work what the problem could be and he said it could be as simple as the PC not liking the port on the switching hub. I swapped it to another port and guess what.... it worked.  So much for plug an play microsloth you deadshits.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
networking my house
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2003, 14:40 »
no wonder you're shuddering. you are correct that only a tosser would run windows 98 on a PC.

i hope you're not slandering PCs blindly in the fashion that is discussed here...
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

timrob

• Kudos: 0
networking my house
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2003, 21:52 »
Nah ! Not PC's in general, but I hate windoze with a  passion. I have to use it at work, and its completely got me rooted how people have got to putting up with a crap OS, and think its normal when either the NT notwork stops working or they get the good old blue screen.

Although by no means an expert I quite like linux on PC.

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
networking my house
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2003, 14:31 »
There is no reason to put up with  a crappy os. When i want to get work done, and i have a 30 minute deadline, my computer should not crash on me. I need to get that image to print, i dont want, or have to deal with an os error. Its bullshit, yet, people still flock to Microsofts Windows. Stupid.