Author Topic: Window$ is just madness !  (Read 420 times)

HibbeeBoy

• Kudos: 0
Window$ is just madness !
« on: 24 April 2003, 08:28 »
I've only just started to scratch the surface with Linux and the more I get into it, the more I love it. Sure there have been a few bumps (still can't get the darned sound card working) along the way but it's worth it.
I bought Suse 8.0 professional for < $80.00 and talk about value for money !! With Bluefish and Quanta I'm even able to dabble in a bit of HTML. Anybody that BUYS Window$ is a chump.

That's all folks.

[ April 23, 2003: Message edited by: HibbeeBoy ]

[ April 23, 2003: Message edited by: HibbeeBoy ]

Democracy, it's like three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

slave

• http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2003, 08:32 »
I would suggest getting mandrake 9.1 or red hat 9.  Both of them support a lot more hardware than suse 8.0.

Glad to hear you like linux!

HibbeeBoy

« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2003, 08:40 »
I was thinking about Red Hat. See, I wasn't really looking at whether it was all going to work on my home PC (Dell) I was reviewing Linux for work. On my PC at work which is also a Dell, everything worked right out the box, sound card, network card, everything, lovely jubbley. I picked SuSe because of it's strong ties with IBM AS400 connectivity.
At work I have a dual boot, I need Window$ for AS400 connectivity but most of my other stuff I am doing in Linux. People are pretty envious around my desk BTW.   :cool:
Democracy, it's like three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

theangelofdeath69

• http://www.kaltemartech.com/
« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2003, 14:17 »
Yes, and I borrowed RedHat 8 for free...

I'd like to see you try that with Windows, say it on a webpage, and keep your computer, money, and outside-prison life...
Specifications are for the weak and timid!
You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!
Indentation?! - I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!
What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.
Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment on his code!
Klingon software does NOT have BUGS. It has FEATURES, and those features are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand.
You cannot truly appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the original Klingon.
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!