Author Topic: M$ Fucked me again for the last time..  (Read 399 times)

HibbeeBoy

• Kudos: 0
M$ Fucked me again for the last time..
« on: 2 October 2002, 20:40 »
Windows 98 fucked me again for the last time. All my Oulook Express content gone. I expect I can recover it but what a pain in the ass. This weekend, I'm off to Fry's to buy a Linux distro. Probably Red Hat. I will spend the rest of the week fighting windows trying to recover my shit.
Democracy, it's like three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
« Reply #1 on: 3 October 2002, 01:53 »
quote:
Windows 98 fucked me again for the last time. All my Oulook Express content gone. I expect I can recover it but what a pain in the ass. This weekend, I'm off to Fry's to buy a Linux distro. Probably Red Hat. I will spend the rest of the week fighting windows trying to recover my shit.
Red Hat is a good choice, the last version of RH that I had (7.2) came with a CD full of documentation. You could either install it onto the system, or simply browse the CD when you needed to look something up. The documentation wasn't quite as good as that for Mandrake, but almost.

You might want to keep these web sites handy:

Linux Newbie

Linux Documentation Project

Lots of good info there.

PS: Why are you using Outhouse Distress anyway? If you're gonna use Winderz, definitely get Pegasus Mail, and ditch that virus trap.

Computers are like air conditioners: they can't do their jobs if you open windows.
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

Doctor V

« Reply #2 on: 3 October 2002, 07:45 »
quote:
Originally posted by HibbeeBoy:
All my Oulook Express content gone.

Lookout Express, thats Lookout Express from now on.  I think you will be very glad you made the change once you get into the swing of things.  For me, Linux was hard at first, it took a couple weeks before I got the hand of it.  Don't give up even if things are difficult at first.  Before too long you realize that things are so much better in Linux.

V

HibbeeBoy

« Reply #3 on: 3 October 2002, 21:23 »
It's a choice between Mandrake and Red Hat.

I took the time to back up these fucking e-mails and I can't get Lookout Express to restore the fucking things. I've been at it for a few hours now. I don't think it can be done. What kind of an application is this ?!!!
Democracy, it's like three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #4 on: 3 October 2002, 23:39 »
it is designed to spy on you and open up backdoors in your system. the fact it can sometimes manage some of your email for you is a coincidence.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism