Author Topic: 7 holes discovered in Internet Exploder  (Read 1046 times)

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
7 holes discovered in Internet Exploder
« on: 29 November 2003, 06:24 »
Today 7 (that's right, SEVEN) security holes were discovered by a Chinese researcher in Micro$uck Internet Exploder. 2 of them are very critical.

quote:
The spokesman said Microsoft is not aware of anyone actively exploiting the holes or of any impact on customers.

lol...give it a few days.

quote:
Two holes are critical and could allow an attacker to run a program that would delete files, crash the machine or take control of it from a remote location

Any further proof required of the danger of having such a shitty internet browser integrated so deep into an operating system?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=569&ncid=738&e=1&u=/nm/20031129/tc_nm/tech_microsoft_holes_dc

TuxLinux

• Kudos: 49
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2003, 08:14 »
No comment     :D    

inovation at its  best     :rolleyes:    

I  was running Redhat close to a year. Actually  truthfully  more then that I  had   redhat on and off since 6.0.   I switched to slackcware and running about  4 or  5 months (not sure) but long enough. :-D  Slack is  great   trying to  install 9.1/7.1 on one of my  many/future  computers. lol one my old computer instead of windows  95 slack  7.1.  I am having trouble though to write a CD that is slow enough for  it to read it reads cdr's  just k3b   thing need to know how to slow  it down   enough.    ;)    

Not suprised  at all regarding  Microsofty  products.

[ November 28, 2003: Message edited by: TuxLinux ]

[ November 28, 2003: Message edited by: TuxLinux ]

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #2 on: 30 November 2003, 02:01 »
More info:

Apparently, Micro$hit was notified about these bugs in September, and didn't bother to take action.

http://www.secunia.com/advisories/9711

When will the ignorant public learn???