Author Topic: MMORPG's, DX8.1, VMWare, WinXP and Linux? Help please!  (Read 733 times)

Seeking000

• Kudos: 0
MMORPG's, DX8.1, VMWare, WinXP and Linux? Help please!
« on: 14 February 2002, 19:08 »
The header should be fairly self-explanitory.
Can VMWare run these types of games straight from Linux?  Or can I run Linux straight from windows with a virtual bridged network?  I understand that this site does not appreciate Windows.. and after a trip to anonymizer to veiw my security leaks from the Windows Trojan called IExplore, I have not been pleased for my own reasons.  Particularly after spending about 4 days straight trying to delete this Temp/Hist files.  I am actually considering using Linux as a primary OS, but with my little Online Gaming crack addiction to Everquest, I can't seem to find options.  I am considering trying out Linux on my VMware for windows to see if I can hack it; first attempts have been overwhelming as of yet.  I am not close to even being a script kiddie when it comes to computers.. so maybe explain like I was just born =P  Like.. umm.. all of this stuff.  Right now I am more interested in functionality probabilities than actual instructions.  What works?  What doesn't?
Should I just forget about Linux?

Many thanks,

-Seeking000

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
MMORPG's, DX8.1, VMWare, WinXP and Linux? Help please!
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2002, 20:16 »
Don't forget about Linux, forget about Windows.  You can run Linux under VMware for Windows, or you can run Windows from VMware for Linux (which is what I do when I need to run a Windows app).
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...