Author Topic: PC PROBLEM PLEASE HELP  (Read 780 times)

Maniaman

• Kudos: 0
PC PROBLEM PLEASE HELP
« Reply #15 on: 1 October 2003, 07:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by Annorax: Temporal Enigma:
Come the hell on, we all know the easiest solution to fix this drive (before installing knoppix) was to  hit it with several rounds from a silenced handgun loaded with hollow point copkiller rounds. The HD is obviously possessed by what remains of XPee, and needs exorcised...

Why not just use a nuke instead?  :D
I use my hotmail email on here to keep from begin spammed by trolls. If you want my good email address for something then ask... :)

Windows_SuX_@$$

PC PROBLEM PLEASE HELP
« Reply #16 on: 14 October 2003, 01:03 »
DAMN ITS HAPPENING AGAIN I WAS ON THAT PC TRYING TO GET KNOPPIX AND IN THE MIDDLE OF INSTALL MY HD CLICKS AND FAILS...

Does anyone have any ideas whats the problem its not the cooling system I just cleaned it and it runs good I reconnected everything my HD makes a click and bam it fails and usualy I cant get the PC to work I start it and see this 'Primary Hard Disk Fail' and I tryed booting live-Linux and same thing sometimes this PC works and sometimes not whis used to hapen with XP but now it happens with linux I have 1/2 partition of linux on the HD but the HGD Fails how should I get an OS on it and when I ran Linux on it it used to click and also fail!

Please Help
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBBCode Images are permitted.

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
PC PROBLEM PLEASE HELP
« Reply #17 on: 14 October 2003, 02:36 »
If it isn't a HD connection problem(which obviously it isn't since you tried to re-connect everything) your drive is just about dead.

It is time to just suck it up and buy a new hard drive man. When you get a new drive you can probably use your old drive long enough to copy all of your data to the new drive. If you want to be able to do that you should really try not to use that computer with the old drive much unil you get the new drive(if you do the old drive may completely die then you will not be able to use it to copy data from it to the new drive)....or you can burn your important stuff to a CD providing you have a burner.  If you don't have anything important to copy to the new drive then don't worry about limiting your comp usage. ;(

[ October 13, 2003: Message edited by: Viper ]

billy_gates

• http://www.skinner.com/jeffberg
PC PROBLEM PLEASE HELP
« Reply #18 on: 14 October 2003, 07:53 »
didn't read through all of the posts.  But your Hard Drive is overheating.  The bearing are beginning to die.  I have an old hard drive that can't run for 10 minutes before clicking and dying.  Then once it cools off it works for 10 more minutes.  My iPod also did this, if the hard drive was on fore more than 10 minutes it would click and die.  Put some heatsinks on it and see if it lasts longer.  If it does then you know it is heat related.  Another way to test... when it dies, put your hand on it.  If you can't put your hand on it for more than 30 seconds then it is overheating.

BTW, Apple replaced my pod... no questions asked... on the spot at the apple store.

[ October 13, 2003: Message edited by: jeffberg: Mac Capitalist ]

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
PC PROBLEM PLEASE HELP
« Reply #19 on: 14 October 2003, 23:38 »
His problem seems to have been resolved by unplugging the PC. Unplugging the HD power. Holding the power button for a few seconds. Reconnecitng it all and booting.

Booyah!

Windows_SuX_@$$

PC PROBLEM PLEASE HELP
« Reply #20 on: 15 October 2003, 01:14 »
Yea thanks for heling me on AIM Fett!  :D  

(I hope it stays working)
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBBCode Images are permitted.

Zombie9920

PC PROBLEM PLEASE HELP
« Reply #21 on: 15 October 2003, 01:27 »
quote:
Originally posted by Fett101:
His problem seems to have been resolved by unplugging the PC. Unplugging the HD power. Holding the power button for a few seconds. Reconnecitng it all and booting.

Booyah!

So it was a power connection problem eh?

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
PC PROBLEM PLEASE HELP
« Reply #22 on: 15 October 2003, 02:19 »
Quiet you. I take credit where I can on this forum...

Zombie9920

PC PROBLEM PLEASE HELP
« Reply #23 on: 15 October 2003, 02:51 »