Author Topic: how to get dialup passwords from a windows machine  (Read 405 times)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
how to get dialup passwords from a windows machine
« on: 25 August 2002, 15:39 »
right, here's the story.

i have to use my flatmate's windows xp machine to access the internet. he told me i can use his isp account too on my machine, and gave me the phone number, username and password. Now the phone number and username are fine but he has given me the wrong password. On further investigation he does not know his password.

As it stands this is fine for him since it is saved in his dialup configuration in windows xp, but shit for me because i cannot get on the internet using his details.

Is there a way for us to find out what his password is, does anybody know it and if so, what is it?

thanks..........
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2002, 17:18 »
Usually you call the ISP and have them set the password for you if you forget it. There are a few FTP options for you. On Linux there is ncftp or wget (command line) or gftp graphical. In Window you can also use wget and I believe there is a Windows version of ncftp for the command line.
And WS_FTP for graphical.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

jrigby

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2002, 18:44 »
there is a tool that I found on the internet for that, I can email it to you if youd like.