Author Topic: Hiding Menus!!!  (Read 403 times)

XXXL Feet

• Kudos: 0
Hiding Menus!!!
« on: 14 July 2003, 04:02 »
Why has Microsoft decided to hide all the menus in Office XP.  It's unbelievely stupid.  It's like they think that menus are ugly!  If they're so damn ugly, why not just eliminate them altogether.  As usual, microsoft is doing a half assed and they're fixxing a problem that never really existed in the first place.  Can I get an Amen!?!?!
If Microsoft made food, it would all be poisioned.  If Microsoft made cars, we'd all be in rehab recoving from wrecks.  Why do we allow them to design our Operating System???

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
Hiding Menus!!!
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2003, 04:09 »
yeah, check out open office.

http://www.openoffice.org/

You would be much happier  ;)

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Hiding Menus!!!
« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2003, 23:36 »
quote:
XXXL Feet: Why has Microsoft decided to hide all the menus in Office XP.  It's unbelievely stupid.  It's like they think that menus are ugly!  If they're so damn ugly, why not just eliminate them altogether.  As usual, microsoft is doing a half assed and they're fixxing a problem that never really existed in the first place.  Can I get an Amen!?!?!

Microsoft is trying to be user friendly, while they're really anoying a lot of people who are forced to use Office XP. After 7 years, they figured out that the paperclip is anoying. Maybe it will take longer to figure out that "personal" auto-hiding menu's are anoying too. They even integrated that in Windows XP, and you have to know Windows to turn it off. If you're just a typist, you're in bad luck.

jasonlane

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.root10.net
Hiding Menus!!!
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2003, 00:40 »
quote:
Originally posted by XXXL Feet:
......It's like they think that menus are ugly!  If they're so damn ugly, why not just eliminate them altogether. ....Can I get an Amen!?!?!

Well perhaps the menus are ugly in Office XP, oh... wait... yes. Aparently they are.

Amen!
The MES Anti-Prude Force
"I don