Author Topic: After more than 10 years of using of Windows i am sick of this SHIT!  (Read 956 times)

theCro

• Kudos: 0
After more than 10 years of using of Windows i am sick of this SHIT!
i would like to go to any other OS that support games for Windows and program for windows, is there any chanse?

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
Mac OS X would be your best and easiest choice. It has native versions of just about most of the best games and apps for Windows, and the ones whose authors were too lazy to make a Mac version can be ran using Virtual PC.

And check this out -- they are developing an emulator to make Windows app run on a Mac without modification.

http://darwine.opendarwin.org//

[ July 19, 2004: Message edited by: Laukev7 ]

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
or you could run Linux and use WineX for your games... it supports nearly all of the big games, and probably all of the lesser ones.

and Linux is free. you don't gotta spend a bajillion dollars to buy a Mac this year, only to be told by Apple next year that it's a POS
Go the fuck ~

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
WineX is called cedega now   :confused:
Contains scenes of mild peril.

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
what the fuck kind of name is that?
Go the fuck ~

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
Macs don't cost 'bajillions', contrarily to what Jimmy James said, and you actually get what you pay for. They are much easier to use than Linux, and OS X has much more andvanced features than either Windows or Linux.

Plus, on the Mac you also get most of the ported Linux software, since OS X is UNIX-based.

[ July 19, 2004: Message edited by: Laukev7 ]

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
quote:
Originally posted by JimmyJames: GenSTEP Founder:
what the fuck kind of name is that?

"AgedEc" backwards?   :D

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals

theCro

how to get Mac OS and how to get Linux?

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

theCro

im very very very very very very very interested in linux, but im on ISDN 128kb, and i just cant download it, its too much for me! HELP! is there any other solution???

thanks , viva linux, fuck windoWC's

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
Order online- redhat.com, suse.com. I think even linuxiso will send you cds.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
You can buy most Linux distributions on CD.
My advice to you is to check the Linux hardware compatibility list, before spending any money on Linux.

I have never downloaded anything as big as Linux before as I only have a 6K/second connection and it auto disconnects after 2 hours. (This has fuck all to do with my settings my ISP disconnects me) The biggest file I normally download is openoffice (about 75MB) it takes just over 3 and a half hours.

My advice to you is use a decent download manager, get one that will pause if you get disconnected or there's a power outage, and download Linux when you're not using you're PC, do it overnight, do it in stages it may take a few days or even a week or so but you'll get there in the end.

[ July 20, 2004: Message edited by: Aloone ]

This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

theCro

quote:
Originally posted by xyle_one:
Order online- redhat.com, suse.com. I think even linuxiso will send you cds.

isnt just one CD?

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
Most are three CDs.  You won't need to install all of that, though.  ;)
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Jimmy I'm confused.

There are periods where you seem to hate Linux and love Windows. Then you start to hate Windows and love Linux. Sometimes you love Macs and Apple, other times you say Apple sux.

Geez, make up your mind.   :D