Author Topic: XP technical question - How to recover password from websites stored on my PC  (Read 592 times)

Joe5pt0

• Kudos: 0
So i'm running XP Pro and I.E. and since all website info is stored on my PC, i'm assuming my passwords for sites such as this forum and yahoo mail for example.

So, if i sign in to check my yahoo mail where on my PC is my password stored? What exact location? I'd like to know where this is so I can delete it. And/or more importantly I'd like to know if I can view it to verify that it is in fact being stored on my PC.

Thanks in advance, just found the sight and I love it so far  

savet

• Kudos: 228
The first thing someone is likely to point out...guess it's me in this case...is that you won't get Windows tech support here.

It would be contradictory and hypocritical to bash Windows and Microsoft, then give advice on how to better use their products  ;)

To answer your question though about the passwords, I believe that is a function of the browser, and a search on internet explorerer and stored passwords will likely turn up a solution.

If you are unable to migrate away from Windows, I would suggest at least using a better browser such as Mozilla http://mozilla.org
You're just jealous cause the voices only talk to me...