Author Topic: Mozilla=Fast  (Read 3323 times)

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Mozilla=Fast
« on: 20 April 2002, 08:40 »
I recently shown my Gf mozilla, she was sitting... on me well i was in a chatroom. And she said "I didn't know you had cable"
i go, "I dont"
she goes "but the pages load so fast"
i go "Thats what Mozilla can do"
she goes "Can you give me a copy"

My girlfriend is a very Computer Illeterate person.
She is a PC "Tenniebopper" who like MSN and all that crap. Now she uses Mozilla and Trillian...      
I must say, what a lovely occurance.

Thats what "The Trolls" think of Mozilla when they see it. (Unless they live in denial like clock and the Zombie and other "Trolls")

[ April 24, 2002: Message edited by: X11 ]

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
Mozilla=Fast
« Reply #1 on: 20 April 2002, 12:28 »
quote:
My girlfriend is a very Computer Illeterate person.
She is a PC "Tenniebopper" who like MSN and all that crap. Now she uses Mozilla and Trillian...
Of course she does. She's not all that different from most of the folks out there - all they ever see is Macro$suck products. You can't walk into a Circuit City, Costco, or Best Buy and see Linux in action. All they'll show you is Winders Yeechhhsss Pee cause that's all they have. And His Gatesness has gone to considerable trouble to keep it that way.   :mad:  

As for Internet Exploder, it's absolutely the slowest browser I ever used. Why anyone would want to use that POS after seeing the alternatives in action is beyond me.

Powered by Mandrake Linux and Freedom
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

[ April 20, 2002: Message edited by: jtpenrod ]

Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
Mozilla=Fast
« Reply #2 on: 20 April 2002, 13:14 »
It takes IE some extra time to send data to MS HQ
Includeing (but not limited too)
* Address
* Credit Card
* PGP Keys
* Software Installed
* A snapshot of a webcam if you have one  
And must i say, why are none of the images working on this server all the sudden.

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
Mozilla=Fast
« Reply #3 on: 20 April 2002, 16:52 »
A sidetrack but related:

IE starts out really fine on Mac. Quick to start and has a nice way of opening the start page which I have chosen (Google). After a while, though, IE begins to cough. If you leave it on and do nothing to it or the computer it will slow down to an almost crawl. This never happens to Netscape or any of the other web browsers I have.

I don
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
Mozilla=Fast
« Reply #4 on: 20 April 2002, 18:37 »
This is what Mozilla does for you.

http://zombie9922.homestead.com/files/mozilla1.jpg

Hell, it can't even load some pages correctly.

Mozilla
http://zombie9922.homestead.com/files/mozilla2.jpg

IE
http://zombie9922.homestead.com/files/msie1.jpg

Mozilla is just so superior, let me tell you.   :rolleyes:  

If I really need to, I can post alot more images of where Mozilla doesn't work correctly. I swear you are retarded X11, IE doesn't send jackshit to MS's office. You are way too scared of Microsoft, LOL.

MSIE is faster at rendering JAva, Flash, etc. than Mozilla. MSIE's navigation icons look better than Mozilla's icons do. Also, notice how much smaller the IE throbber is than the Mozilla throbber?

[ April 20, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
Mozilla=Fast
« Reply #5 on: 20 April 2002, 18:40 »
Goto www.ryanspc.com in IE
and then in Mozilla, see the difference
IE can display CSS (the top bar thing)

Jonothan

• Kudos: 0
Mozilla=Fast
« Reply #6 on: 20 April 2002, 19:12 »
IE actually looks better...

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
Mozilla=Fast
« Reply #7 on: 20 April 2002, 19:22 »
My arse it does...
try http://x11.150m.com/taste.html

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
Mozilla=Fast
« Reply #8 on: 20 April 2002, 19:27 »
My vote for the best looking goes to IE6 on my box.  

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
Mozilla=Fast
« Reply #9 on: 20 April 2002, 19:41 »
Yes, but IE 6 spy's on you

Jonothan

Mozilla=Fast
« Reply #10 on: 20 April 2002, 21:16 »
Forgive me for saying so... but what is your site supposed to show? are you that short on hits?

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
Mozilla=Fast
« Reply #11 on: 20 April 2002, 21:43 »
If you use IE you cant view my site, i blocked it

gnomez

Mozilla=Fast
« Reply #12 on: 20 April 2002, 22:09 »
quote:
If you use IE you cant view my site, i blocked it

People using IE, (or those who have their browser set to identify as IE) to foil this script kiddie's antics, just disable javascript if you want to see his "site."  Otherwise it just sends you to the dell webpage (why the hell did you choose dell, dude?  Why not redhat or suse or linux.org?)

PS Your webpage has a banner that says "Content enhanced.  Use any browser."  So why don't you let people use IE??

Jonothan

Mozilla=Fast
« Reply #13 on: 20 April 2002, 22:10 »
Actually - I do use IE along with Opera, Mozilla, and Netscape.

The link to your site, which you posted, does work on IE sorry to break it to you, and on neither of the browsers does it show that Mozilla displays websites 'better'. In fact I don

gnomez

Mozilla=Fast
« Reply #14 on: 20 April 2002, 22:31 »
As much as Mozilla is a nice web browser for people who can't use Internet Explorer, it does NOT render better and it is NOT any faster.  I'm dual booting Red Hat Linux and Win XP and Mozilla transfers data no faster than IE6.  IE, however, renders extremely fast and never goofs up websites.  Maybe Microsoft has a "monopoly" in web browsers because theirs is the best?  :confused:
I sure as hell know nutscape and oprah aren't! Think about it: If IE were so bad people would dump it in favor of another web browser.  In XP you can even uninstall both IE AND the MSN messenger under "add/remove programs” I know it comes installed by default but I don't complain that KDE doesn't let you even remove konqueror, do I? (PS on my computer clearing the cache on konq doesn't clear everything anyway) There's nothing stopping them!  If someone is "stuck" with a lame web browser when there are so many other ones it is no one's fault but theirs.

PS Cut the talk about IE being spyware until you actually produce some evidence.  There are many things wrong with Windows products but these ultra-paranoid conspiracy theories are a little much and add little to our credibility. Instead it makes us look just as kooky to outsiders as "Roswell" fanatics or members of some hick militia. At least IE doesn't put ad banners in your face like opera does!

I don't "love" MS or anything like that, but please lets keep our criticisms of Microsoft and Windows legitimate.  I always try to, anyway.