Author Topic: Your requirements and NORTON  (Read 1014 times)

gerry

• Kudos: 0
Your requirements and NORTON
« on: 25 February 2002, 17:29 »
quote:
We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.  

Okay so maybe I'm just a bit over the edge here; anyway if you are running Norton System Works and you use Clean Sweep>Internet Cleanup>Cookies: It creates a file called Report. You can find it By searching in Windows Explorer (type:report). I thought I had deleted all of my cookies but discovered the opposite. Perhaps this is a feature which allows you to recover the cookie if you want to, but who would want to? I can't see any other reason for it.
I'm running Win ME(Microsoft Excrement)
Everytime I touch my keyboard I feel dirty.

dbl221

« Reply #1 on: 26 February 2002, 21:25 »
hmm....I think I have a solution.....Linux.
dbl221***Comp-Sys walking wounded

gerry

« Reply #2 on: 26 February 2002, 11:40 »
I'm still a bit of a newbie but have considered going with Linux, or at the very least switching to a Mac. My first introduction to all of this monitoring, logging, tracking activity was when I did a seasrch for "ME security" and found parascope.com. After deleting my History, Cookies etc. and then going into DOS I was surprised and more than a bit P.O.'d to find it was all still there. Currently I use Eraser (freeware) and Norton Wipe Info to delete anything I feel is important enough to get rid of permanently. Although given than Norton Clean Sweep saves all of your deleted cookies to a hidden file I'm more than a bit sceptical about Wipe Info.
I'm running Win ME(Microsoft Excrement)
Everytime I touch my keyboard I feel dirty.