Author Topic: Windows Messenger  (Read 964 times)

purevil

• Kudos: 0
Windows Messenger
« on: 19 September 2003, 05:59 »
Ok First off. I'm no way shape or form a Troll.
I just started using Winderz XP Pro. Hell i just started using Windows "because of school". I have a problem with windows messenger. Everytime i start up xp it starts. No matter what. I have went in an disabled it. That was great because it was a total waste of time. Windows messenger still starts up every damn time i start XP Blo. Can some one walk me thru how to disable it for good?
I got a game of solitaire. And this crappy OS came with it

Commander

• Kudos: 52
Windows Messenger
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2003, 06:19 »
if u have XP SP1, go to add/remove windows components and deselect windows messenger.  that should do it
Ballmer needs a firm kick in the ass.... (since he has no balls)

Doctor V

Windows Messenger
« Reply #2 on: 19 September 2003, 08:26 »
Just started using it "because of school" aye?  What exactly is it at school thats making you use windows xp?  If your disabling this and that, I'm assuming its your comp.  I'll bet we could find you a better option if you gave us a chance.

V

suselinux

• Kudos: 30
Windows Messenger
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2003, 21:27 »
I found the easiest way to get rid of that stupid MSN popping up on start up (you really notice it when you have to restart every four minutes.) by formatting my old NTFS partition for a fancy new RieserFS partition.

purevil

Windows Messenger
« Reply #4 on: 19 September 2003, 19:37 »
What school i'm going to. Oh you people are going to love this one. I'm going to school for MCSE and networking. Don't be quick to judge. I am a Mac user I will always way a mac over winderz. I have a good reason for going for MCSE. I know windows sucks. I have known this well since I got my mac. I figure that i might as well make some money off of windows and M$ shitty programming. Because i know that M$ can't make a good operating system. Oh the reason i know so little about windows so far is this is my first semister. I know another way to fix all of my M$ problems is to not use them but I have to use them as much as I know it will be painful.
Oh I'm getting linux Redhat 9 on Monday. REmember networking too so i want to know about more than M$ garbage.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Windows Messenger
« Reply #5 on: 19 September 2003, 21:23 »
quote:
purevil: Can some one walk me thru how to disable it for good?

OK, this is going to be very hard, but I'll try to explain it in simple terms:

You have to:
  • Download this.
Yes I know it's kinda hard to manage that, but try it anyway, even if it takes all day!

purevil

Windows Messenger
« Reply #6 on: 20 September 2003, 03:45 »
thanks Refalm. That app. is nice did everything i wanted to do and a hell of a lot more too. Thanks again!!!!!!!!