All Things Microsoft > Microsoft Hardware

MS: Take that you... mod chip

<< < (4/5) > >>

Wanding Traveler:
I heard MS losed a suit in Australia. Now people can make and sell mod chips there. MS is trying to appeal the case an even threat to take the xbox out of Australia.

slave:
Even I don't understand this.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but... if you bought the XBOX... you own it... can't you solder whatever you want onto it?  Furthermore where does Microsoft get the right to just shut down companies that sell something on the grounds that it *could* be used to pirate games (when I actually think many people would buy mod chips so they could run linux on the xbox) I guess this is where the DMCA rears its ugly head.

voidmain:
XP User, you are really starting to catch on! I have been noticing quite a difference lately (hope I'm not spoiling it). It's another example of Microsoft making you believe you are "buying" something when in fact you are just "renting" it and you have no rights whatsoever when it comes to how you use it.

Kintaro:
THe only thing worth getting for the XBOX is X-Box Linux... It would have never happened if Microsoft had'nt used Intel 86 chips for it.

voidmain:

quote:Originally posted by Ex Eleven / b0b 2.1:
THe only thing worth getting for the XBOX is X-Box Linux... It would have never happened if Microsoft had'nt used Intel 86 chips for it.
--- End quote ---

Why not? PS2 doesn't have an x86 processor and Linux runs on it. In fact Linux will run on more processors than any other OS that I know of. But maybe I am misunderstanding your post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version