All Things Microsoft > Microsoft Hardware

Nintendo Gamecube... comments?

(1/7) > >>

iancom:
I'm not really a huge gamer as it were, and the last console I bought was the Sega Megadrive <mumble> years ago...

However, I think it's time I re-entered the market, and was thinking about the Gamecube that's coming out in Europe this Friday.

So, my question is mostly directed at those across the pond (or those in Japan if we have any!) who might already have one... what are they like, would you recommend buying one, and if so, what game should I buy first?

The X-Box has just dropped in price dramatically over here, but I'll be damned if I'm going to voluntarily encourage Microsoft. Therefore the other alternative is the PS2, but the Gamecube is cheaper and for reasons that I can't quite fathom just appeals more to me!

Ian

psyjax:
It depends on what games you like.

I personaly aim to own them both.

I love Zelda, Mario, Metroid and all the traditional nintendo titles. Not to mention Nintendo's quality and entertainment value.

PS2 has the 3rd party support the GameCube lacks.

However, recently some very big developers have shifted key franchises over to the gamecube. Square and Capcome have left the PS2 and XBox to develop games for Nintendo. So has Sega.

The only system that is left in the mud right now is the XCrox. The price drops are due to the fact that the XBox is looking to become a major faliur.

Thank god.

Master of Reality:
i recommend the PS2.. actually i recommend the kick-ass SEGA Genesis.

iancom:
I'm a big fan of the Doom/Hexen types of games... The most recent game that I played to death on the PC was American McGee's Alice (which I enjoyed even more because of the Trent Reznor soundtrack!).

I gather Resident Evil should be coming out on the Gamecube in Europe in the next few months, and reckon that should be a good bet.

In the meantime I was thinking Rogue Leader and maybe the new Sonic One (having wasted much of my time at Uni playing the original Sonic!)

SpeeDFreaK:
I say gamecube because it looks cool and it's very small. It's cheaper than anything else out there, and some of the games are extremely addictive (anyone who has played SSBM or even the original SSB with 4 players knows what I am talking about  :D  ), has 4 player support already, and there's no DVD drive to bump up the price. But if you want DVD, you could import a Panasonic Cube.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version