Author Topic: Well, I just fell into heaven...  (Read 1958 times)

Mysterio

• Kudos: 0
Well, I just fell into heaven...
« on: 15 March 2002, 05:34 »
What a great fucking site. I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you all what you've heard and thought a million times: Microsoft and the Xbox suck ass.

As a console gamer, I am personally apalled at the Xbox. What the hell? Thanks Bill, you had some other company make you an 80s-VCR-Shaped Box that weighs 15 pounds and crashes bad like NT or 95. I'm not impressed at this piece of shit, am I alone here?

As for the controller, it's normal sized. Yeah, it's normal if you're Michael fucking Jordan. "Hi, I need GPS so I can do combos on DOA3"...poor easily lead bastards...

As for the Xbox fans...If there is anything in this world that represents sheer idiocy and reeks of arrogance, its Xbox fans. Somebody just dropped these stupid fucks from the sky to defend "Bill and his Army of Darkness" without thinking of the truth. The invincible to the DOJ giant of a monopoly just seems to suck these people in without even trying. *Thinks it's all subliminal*

I will say this multiple times, but the Xbox sucks almost more cock than Bill Gates. Close, but no cigar (LOL)
"To put it simply, the Xbox blows dogs for nickels"

-Mysterio

Jesster

« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2002, 05:10 »
Ill be a stupid fuck while an idiot like yourself will chip out an xtra $100 for a hard drive and another $100 for a modem on a ps2. But then again im the dumb fuck. Try buying a real tv and get rid of your RF switch and maybe you wont have any crashing problems. You obviously have no XPerience with XBOX. Yeah u may have played it at the local Wal-Mart, but you r still a rookie when it comes to choosing a console. FLAMER!!!!  :eek:

mael

« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2002, 06:41 »
quote:
Originally posted by Jesster:
Ill be a stupid fuck while an idiot like yourself will chip out an xtra $100 for a hard drive and another $100 for a modem on a ps2. But then again im the dumb fuck. Try buying a real tv and get rid of your RF switch and maybe you wont have any crashing problems. You obviously have no XPerience with XBOX. Yeah u may have played it at the local Wal-Mart, but you r still a rookie when it comes to choosing a console. FLAMER!!!!   :eek:  

lol, xbox fanboys, you just gotta love them.  XPerience the xbox?  I've run windows 2k before and held a plate with 2 sausage links on it.. about the same as your controller.  Lol, microsoft breeds these things(Jesster) with that cock-box..

As for the ps2, you dont have to buy a hd and modem .. and as for modems, at least the ps2 can do 56k for those that either dont have it in their area, or dont feel like throwing 50+ bucks away a month to play video games.  And why would anyone want to buy the ps2?  Maybe because of the 27 million user base worldwide, or the fact there are so damn many games coming out for it in the future, and the ability to play ps1 games(which are STILL coming out)... naw, lets go with the box that scratches disks and catches on fire.
;p

Grow up fanboy, if you want to play pc games, get a nice pc.  Xbox is the poor mans pc.. and you can quote me on that.  ;)
Windows [n.]
A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2002, 06:49 »
quote:
Originally posted by Jesster:
Ill be a stupid fuck while an idiot like yourself will chip out an xtra $100 for a hard drive and another $100 for a modem on a ps2. But then again im the dumb fuck. Try buying a real tv and get rid of your RF switch and maybe you wont have any crashing problems. You obviously have no XPerience with XBOX. Yeah u may have played it at the local Wal-Mart, but you r still a rookie when it comes to choosing a console. FLAMER!!!!   :eek:  

Ya, and obviously a "hard core gamer" like yourself are fascinated by all the titles containg such intricate and deep game play. Not to mention orgional! My goodness does XBox have some origional games that we havent seen before.

Obviously you just like pretty pictures, flashy graphics, and no substance. 300 for that shit? Not me.

Oh ya... I'm no rookie, rookie.

I've been playing videogames since I was weened off my moms tit. Ive played almost any system you can think of, including the XBox. Modern gaming sux, because it falls into the same mindless stigma the XBox capitalizes on and wades in.

NO DEPTH OF PLAY AND ALL FLASH!!!

What good is a low-end PC in a box of a game system if all the games for the thing are the same repatative crap! I got enugh DOA with Street Fighter! Diffrence? 3d graphics and bouncing boobs, for the sexually deprived (or depraved)!

Just like Mortal Combat which capitalized on it's blood and guts to hide it's horible controlls, and shitty play mechanics, so does DOA capitalize on it's jigling teenage girls, and I mean every single one on that crappy series.

Power Stone on the late Dreamcast was a much better figher, that introduced several diffrent concepts to the genra, as well as bushido blade for the playstation (god I wish they would make another one like the first one, second one sucked), shit the, arcade Capcom fighters are incredible (albiet getting rather repatitive lately).

Halo! Oh there is an origional idea! Space marine with a gun takes on aliens!!! Wow! Sounds nothing like DooM, Quake 2, or even Marathon (also made by Bungie till M$ ass-raped them and ran off with their products then axed the origional staff)!! Christ, it's another fucking FPS, get over it people!

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot Halo has a car and a plane, and the colors are soooo pretty.

Lighting, texture, and fog effects don't make a game!

Thank god Nintendo and Sony are still around to create and support ORIGIONAL games, that are actually FUN to play. Gasp! did I say fun... what's that? I thought games were things you sat on the couch and chuckled as you watch gib coat your screen... please.

People really don't remember what games are about today, which is why assholes like M$ get to invade the market. If you ask me, the XBox is probably one of the biggest bait & switch campains in history.

Anybody ever play Ahngband or one of it's variants? Quite amazing how fun, origional, and thuroughly entertaing a game can be without graphics, bloated hardware, or a gigantic money hungrey monopoly.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

badkarma

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: 27 March 2002, 14:33 »
nethack still owns, as for more recent games Rez is one of the most innovative games I've played in a while (on my cheap ass trusty dreamcast), and is it coming out for the xbox? ofcourse not  :D
If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #5 on: 27 March 2002, 14:43 »
last console i bought was the Saturn! (for
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

mael

« Reply #6 on: 27 March 2002, 16:01 »
psyjax is my hero  ;) . Loved the post.  I've been looking at xbox games (even played a few of them) and have been trying to find words that best describe them ... and you had it on the nose: Flashy, and no substance.  That literally describes about 9/10's of all their games... and even their top-notch game(i might buy it when it hits the pc, or download it) is still just a rehash.

So far the xbox has literally done nothing to impress me except for maybe power.  The machine has a ton of power under its hood (compared to both the gc and the ps2).. but power ain't what makes a good game.  So many fucking times i have heard kids sit around talking about the raw power of the xbox and just smiled thinking: the console world is doomed.  

Games that i see coming out now on that shitbox are eye candy.. such as games like DOA3 (the entire doa series has literally left me in awe with the graphics, and bored after about 20 minutes), WWF Raw, blood wake.. and so on.  My biggest fear is that the big game companys will latch onto this thinking that this is what people like.  I see it happening with most of the big name companys .. except for companys like Nintendo.  They keep the good games coming, and the innovation seems to never dim.

I honestly use to hate the ps2 with a passion for killing my poor dreamcast until i learned of the malevolent way microsoft plows competition.  Now i totally support both sony and nintendo.  Fanboys dont seem to understand that microsoft could literally destroy the gaming world .. not JUST console wise, but game wise.

Oh well.. again, liked the post psyjax.  You summed up exactly how i felt about the xbox games and DOA3.
Windows [n.]
A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

badkarma

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: 27 March 2002, 16:15 »
quote:
Originally posted by shiggy:
I honestly use to hate the ps2 with a passion for killing my poor dreamcast until i learned of the malevolent way microsoft plows competition.  Now i totally support both sony and nintendo.  Fanboys dont seem to understand that microsoft could literally destroy the gaming world .. not JUST console wise, but game wise.

PS2 didn't kill your dreamcast, SEGA did (major lack of advertising), it's still a killer console which in most cases kicks the PS2's ass. Anyway, this whole fanboy thing is as old as the console wars itself (anybody remember the vigilant attitudes of SNES and Genesis fans towards eachother?), fact of the matter is, no single company will ever "win" the console wars, thusfar practically every generation changed the market leader. There is no way M$ will change this, luckily.

I allways judge a console on content and ease of programming instead of hype (though I'm kind of in doubt wether to buy a gamecube or a ps2, gamecube rocks for games but the linux kit (with compiler, SDL port and OpenGL implementation) is very seducing)
If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #8 on: 27 March 2002, 20:19 »
quote:
Originally posted by BadKarma:
[QB]PS2 didn't kill your dreamcast, SEGA did (major lack of advertising), it's still a killer console which in most cases kicks the PS2's ass. Anyway, this whole fanboy thing is as old as the console wars itself (anybody remember the vigilant attitudes of SNES and Genesis fans towards eachother?), fact of the matter is, no single company will ever "win" the console wars, thusfar practically every generation changed the market leader. There is no way M$ will change this, luckily./QB]

Yep absolutely true. The Dreamcast was doing alright actually, it wasn't number 1 but it was up there. SEGA just got sick of playing second fiddle and didn't feel like ending up another Saturn so they paned the Dreamcast. Real sad day in gaming as they did have some seriously cool games for it.

Maybe a company won't "win" amongst fans, but they do win in the market. Right now PS2 reigns suprem in the states with XBox and the Cube head to head. In Japan, the Cube is number 1 PS2 second, and XBox is a joke (thank god).

Oh ya. I like NetHack alot, but lately I have been real int'o Hengband. It has a real big overworld and realy varied dungeons. It also has a more RPG less Hack' n' slash feel to it.

Rez looks cool tho, I might download it on my friends PC to try it out, less it's for pay, I just saw the overview and the screens   .

[ March 27, 2002: Message edited by: psyjax ]

Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR