Author Topic: Why should you buy an xbox - this is funny man  (Read 3269 times)

Mistshadow

• Kudos: 0
Why should you buy an xbox - this is funny man
« Reply #30 on: 10 January 2004, 20:45 »
quote:
Originally posted by tronsixpoint.o:
yeah, xbox does suck.  but so does every other console out there.  i only bought mine to play halo, and now its out on pc and its better.  i hope they hurry up with the mac version though, but that's beside the point.  computers should be for work and games a distant second, if your so addicted to games, buy a console because thats what they are for.

check this out

Besides, if you were unfortunate enough to get stuck with an xbox, you can always install Mandrake on it.   :D

[ January 10, 2004: Message edited by: Mistshadow ]

"Given the choice between accomplishing something and just lying around, I'd rather lie around. No contest." - Eric Clapton

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
« Reply #31 on: 10 January 2004, 21:31 »
Why not tell us what it is instead or making us DL an entire ISO to find out.

What is Morphix?

Mistshadow

« Reply #32 on: 10 January 2004, 22:52 »
Hmm, I guess the fact that it says "combined game iso" isn't a good enough hint for the mentally impaired...  :rolleyes:
"Given the choice between accomplishing something and just lying around, I'd rather lie around. No contest." - Eric Clapton

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
« Reply #33 on: 11 January 2004, 00:34 »
Not really.

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #34 on: 13 January 2004, 15:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by mushrooomprince:
i'm going to be plagued by XBOX gamers in the next few months.

do you own a gun?

rklesla

« Reply #35 on: 14 January 2004, 20:05 »
quote:
Originally posted by ThePreacher:
I admit that the Gamecube is a great system too (and cheap), but it has a long way to go to get away from the "kiddie" image.

Nintendo is taking the better approach, they realized PS and Xcrap took the teen and adult group.  Nintendo is taking the kiddie group, they have the whole market.

jrigby

« Reply #36 on: 16 January 2004, 08:24 »
just look at there proccessors the Xbox has a 32 bit proccessor (pentium 3) and a geforce graphics card Just like a alot of pcs now I have a computer already. The PS2 has a 128 bit Processor (The EE) and has a bad a$$ linux kit. Im not saying the PS2 has better graphics But I am saying The Xbox would be crap without its graphics card. Also the games I want to play are only on the PS2 except maybe the next perfect dark.

Jrigby

Stilly

• Kudos: 29
    • http://kickassshit.tk/
« Reply #37 on: 17 January 2004, 12:15 »
quote:
Originally posted by jrigby :Mandrake Trooper:
just look at there proccessors the Xbox has a 32 bit proccessor (pentium 3) and a geforce graphics card Just like a alot of pcs now I have a computer already. The PS2 has a 128 bit Processor (The EE) and has a bad a$$ linux kit. Im not saying the PS2 has better graphics But I am saying The Xbox would be crap without its graphics card. Also the games I want to play are only on the PS2 except maybe the next perfect dark.

Jrigby

theres a new perfect dark coming?

the first one was probably the best console game since bond
just say know

Azz

• http://www.clanrage.net
« Reply #38 on: 17 January 2004, 19:08 »
quote:
Originally posted by djphonics:

You don't even have any goddamn examples of these "superior xbox only games". If you think DOA Beach Vollyball is a good fucking game then you need to get a foot up your ass, or better yet, an xbox. Or maybe you could go have fun playing Blinx the Time Travelling Cat or whatever the fuck it's called. Let me just give you some examples of GOOD games that are on PS2:

-Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City (So good and so popular on the PS2 that they are now BOTH on Xbox!)
-Gran Turismo 3: A-spec (The BEST racing simulator. Period.)
-Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter (Superb quality 3D platformers)
-Metal Gear Solid 2 (Once again, such a hit on PS2 that they put it on Xbox)
-The Tony Hawk Series (I'm not a fan of them but the sales of them should speak for themselves).

Now, please come to the realization that the Xbox is nothing more than a Windows PC with (huge) controllers and is just another of Microsofts MANY attempts to take over a money-making market. I can only hope that they fail this time, but retards like you help them succeed.

those games u listed r old and simply im over them, the only gta i eva enjoyed is vice city on pc, the ps2 version was craptastic in looks & fps.& mgs2 is crap when compared to splinter cell, id rather gameplay then a 90%movies/10% gamplay. to tell the truth i go half way through mgs 2 and fell asleep during a movie sequence...it was that bad.

& heres a game better than gt2, play need for speed underground, it owns.

and get over the fact that the xbox controllers r big, too me the ps2 controllers r too small and r uncomfortably.....dam i hate fanboys
hey sexy mamma wanna kill all humans

Azz

• http://www.clanrage.net
« Reply #39 on: 17 January 2004, 19:32 »
quote:
Originally posted by jrigby :Mandrake Trooper:

Jrigby

the 128 bit cpu does do shit for the ps2. here i'll show u why

ok firstly

Instructions Per Second

xbox: over 1 Trillion
ps2: 30 million
gc: 925 million

Image Processing Functions

xbox:
Programmable vertex and pixel shaders, fog, Subpixel Anti-aliasing, 8 Hardware Lights, Alpha Blending, Multi-texturing, Bump Mapping, Environment Mapping, MIP Mapping, Bilinear Filtering, Trilinear Filtering, Anisotropic Filtering, Real-time Hardware Texture Decompression (S3TC)

ps2:
Fog, Curved Surface Generation, Lighting

System Floating-point Arithmetic Capability

xbox: 120 GFLOPS
ps2: 6.2 GFLOPS

Texture compression

xbox:6:1
ps2:No texture compression
(texture compression helps performence)

Resolution in Games

xbox:640x480 (can go up to 1920x1080 if u have a hdtv)
ps2: 320x240 for most games, sometimes 640x480 (can reach 1280x1040 but only in dvd's)

Internal Cache (helps performence if bigger)

xbox:L1: Instruction 32KB, Data 32KB; L2: 128KB
ps2: Instruction: 16KB, Data: 8KB + 16 K(ScrP)

the ps2 might have a 128 bit cpu but it doesent do much for it in the long run, it only makes it look good on paper.

[ January 17, 2004: Message edited by: Azz ]

hey sexy mamma wanna kill all humans