Author Topic: Why should you buy an xbox - this is funny man  (Read 3268 times)

mc0282

• Kudos: 0
Why should you buy an xbox - this is funny man
« on: 23 September 2003, 23:42 »
this from megagames.com
http://www.megagames.com/news/show.cgi?&idtype=console&database=292§ion=comments&
you could reply to this

"Firefly
at 17:45 22/9/2003    
Why should you buy an Xbox?
1. Xbox has a LOT of awesome games. According to IGN the Xbox has a higher percentage of its games rate >8 than both PS2 and Gamecube. 45% of Xbox games released are rated >8 compared to 41% of PS2 and 36% of Gamecube.
2. Xbox has a awesome games lineup for the next 6 months... Amped2, BC, TopSpin, Kameo, Sudeki, Fable, Gothem2, Halo2 etc
3. Xbox gets a lot of good FPS PC games... Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Counter-Strike, Doom3, Halflife2 etc
4. Xbox gets a lot of original (although sometimes pretty ordinary) games... Oddworld series, Blinx, Whacked!, Psychonauts, Blood Wake
5. Games play better on Xbox. Better frame rates, better graphics and better sound (in-game dolby 5.1). For a PC comparison, I ran the same demo on my Xbox and on my PC (Athlon2400, Geforce ti4200). The frame rate on the Xbox was 2.5 times FASTER than the PC.
6. Xbox has an easier to use, more feature rich online service than the other consoles."

this dude is fucking kidding me and he IGN as said so

idiot and more idiots brain wash by microshit..
huh, what?

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2003, 01:27 »
This whole console-wars thing is shit anyway. It's better to look at what kind of games there are for a console, and then deside which one to get.

mushrooomprince

• Kudos: 55
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2003, 04:18 »
XBOX .... its just another wintel machine.  But the problem is is that a lot of the games people want are going to be on xbox.

Its going to be bad ... i'm going to be plagued by XBOX gamers in the next few months.
All your base are belong to us.

Canadian Lover

• VIP
  • Kudos: 122
« Reply #3 on: 25 September 2003, 01:55 »
My brother has been brainwashed by Micro$hit too! He think's Oddworld is a good game! Come on! All it's about is going around brainwashing people (funny... It's a microsoft game!)

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #4 on: 25 September 2003, 02:24 »
Refalm is right... they're all just game machines. Get the one that has the games you like and stop griping.

Not like it matters, XBox still has better games than PS2. Might not have as many, but they're higher quality, better, and it's not a PS2, the worst example of industrial design I've seen in years.

And guess what, that's my opinion on the matter. I'm sick of saying what I think and then have people tell me I'm "wrong" for what I think.

I FEEL THAT THE XBOX RULES AND THE PS2 IS A GARBAGE HEAP

PS2 gets a bunch of crappy games that look like cheap anime. Shit like FFX and, Jesus, what a rip, FFX2. Of late, everything that's come out for ShitStation 2 has been a bunch of half-ass vampire games and cheapo fantasy crap. There hasn't even been a good Final Fantasy game since 9. X was a turd, making everything into cheesy cheap anime style. Barring some of the RTS-style games like Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea (SP?), PS2 games are a crap pot of crap.

I've just spent the last four months living with a PS2 fanboy, and if I never see one of those shittastic things again, that's fine by me. XBox has well-made games. Even the lesser games for the thing are higher quality than the best PS2 games.

Oh, and guess what else... NO GODDAMN MEMORY CARDS. I FUCKING HATE THOSE THINGS. GIMME A BIG HARD DRIVE ANY DAY
Go the fuck ~

Windows_SuX_@$$

« Reply #5 on: 2 October 2003, 23:51 »
I used to own Xbox and PS2, Even though I hate M$ Xbox is better, better hardware, few good games, only part I HATE is that they make you pay for playing Online and PS2 DOesnt!
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBBCode Images are permitted.

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #6 on: 4 October 2003, 04:01 »
everybody's "online games" system sucks ass

IT'S A CONSOLE

the problem is that they only make shitty games nowadays.

we need some REAL games, like some badass sidescroller action, the way games were MEANT TO BE.

They better make the next super mario game look JUST LIKE MARIO 1 or I'm going to shove a game cube so far up their asses that they'll think they ate a baby.

and then I'm going to KILL THEM with my mind.

either that, or I'm going to start my own game company, flood the market with crappy ripoffs of games that have already been made, come out with some shitty vampire games about Dracula's relatives, and do something creative like spell their name wrong.

maybe:

Radcula
Lacradu
Ulradac

Or some other equally innovative name. I might even call him ALUCARD. Wow, nobody would see that coming! I'll spell dracula  backwards and people will probably think he's a cool character! I'll make a game that's a ripoff of an old nintendo game, have it be nothing like the original in concept or design, and have this asslicker be in it. What game franchise name could I steal? How about CASTLEVANIA. I'll give it some hoitytoity classical music-related name so that it sounds more upper class, because all vampires are either rich aristocrats, or they're ravers. Or both.

Maybe as a follow up I'll create another "fantasy realm button masher". And have some fairycake elves run around and do fencing moves with a 20 foot long slab of metal. I know! I'll do something original and "mix up" genres of game! I'll have the first ever sidescrolling, look-down first person realtime roleplaying strategy shooter fantasy vampire game!

I CANNOT BE BEAT

[ October 03, 2003: Message edited by: Jimmy the Shyster ]

[ October 03, 2003: Message edited by: Jimmy the Shyster ]

Go the fuck ~

idlepython3

« Reply #7 on: 26 October 2003, 21:30 »
in the case of xbox i don't care if its by microsoft and or uses intel stuff.  i dont care.  its a console, not a computer.  xbox doesn't force you to upgrade it or add new hardware and software like a pc using microsoft and intel shit.  its a good console, nothing more.  its definitley better than ps2 in many respects.  i like my xbox but i hate my windows pc.  consoles are a cheap gaming solution for people who can't afford to continuously upgrade their computers just to run the latest games.  so really, what is so bad about xbox besides the fact that its owned by microsoft?
save the penguins, bust the trusts!
"If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... oh wait, he
does."

TheCruelOne

« Reply #8 on: 6 November 2003, 08:58 »
quote:
Originally posted by Great_Satan:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35388

Ever heard of the phrase "Shut the fuck up"?

preacher

• VIP
  • Kudos: 107
    • http://kansascity.cjb.net
« Reply #9 on: 4 December 2003, 17:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by The all Canadian Lover:
My brother has been brainwashed by Micro$hit too! He think's Oddworld is a good game! Come on! All it's about is going around brainwashing people (funny... It's a microsoft game!)

Original title my ass. If you remember the Oddworld series started on the PS1.
Kansas City Hustle
http://kansascity.cjb.net

latino4ever8

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.n-revolution.com
« Reply #10 on: 29 December 2003, 23:33 »
I dislike the Xbox... just because...

I like nintendo... hehe... yeah... smash brothers and stuff... getting sleepy here so dont blow up at me... yeah, the game, the halo (i remembered  :D )... that game is pretty good... but id rather play perfect dark for N64... (my opinion...)... yeah... im thinking that perhaps its getting too good... maybe we've gotten to the point where people no longer know to make good games with that amount of graphics... probably not... but a nice theory...
RHIXK - WM - NUZ- AE - JL
1=IL 2=ZR 3=EB 4=A 5=S 6=GB 7=T 8=B 9=Q 0=O

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #11 on: 30 December 2003, 08:55 »
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy's Always On Topic:
Not like it matters, XBox still has better games than PS2. Might not have as many, but they're higher quality, better, and it's not a PS2, the worst example of industrial design I've seen in years.

And guess what, that's my opinion on the matter. I'm sick of saying what I think and then have people tell me I'm "wrong" for what I think.

I FEEL THAT THE XBOX RULES AND THE PS2 IS A GARBAGE HEAP

PS2 gets a bunch of crappy games that look like cheap anime. Shit like FFX and, Jesus, what a rip, FFX2. Of late, everything that's come out for ShitStation 2 has been a bunch of half-ass vampire games and cheapo fantasy crap. There hasn't even been a good Final Fantasy game since 9. X was a turd, making everything into cheesy cheap anime style. Barring some of the RTS-style games like Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea (SP?), PS2 games are a crap pot of crap.

I've just spent the last four months living with a PS2 fanboy, and if I never see one of those shittastic things again, that's fine by me. XBox has well-made games. Even the lesser games for the thing are higher quality than the best PS2 games.

Oh, and guess what else... NO GODDAMN MEMORY CARDS. I FUCKING HATE THOSE THINGS. GIMME A BIG HARD DRIVE ANY DAY

Interestingly enough, I agree with all that.  

Though this one friend I have says his Xbox crashes alot, as if it ran Win9x.  :eek:   :rolleyes:
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #12 on: 30 December 2003, 21:05 »
Why you should troll the MES.

* Because the mods wont delete it.
* Because morons reply.
* Because all the members are complete idiots except a select few.
* Because you get a MASSIVE hard on from doing it.

preacher

• VIP
  • Kudos: 107
    • http://kansascity.cjb.net
« Reply #13 on: 30 December 2003, 12:15 »
quote:
Originally posted by X11: Troll Erudition:
Why you should troll the MES.

* Because the mods wont delete it.
* Because morons reply.
* Because all the members are complete idiots except a select few.
* Because you get a MASSIVE hard on from doing it.

This isnt a troll thread in my opinion x11. Its a discussion on features and differences between the xbox and other video game systems and why some like it and why some dont.

[ December 30, 2003: Message edited by: ThePreacher ]

Kansas City Hustle
http://kansascity.cjb.net

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #14 on: 30 December 2003, 17:24 »
1 vote that i actually read more then the topics before replying.