Author Topic: Xbox review  (Read 1589 times)

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Xbox review
« on: 31 March 2002, 23:31 »
I tested the Xbox in a shop called HMV in Westminster City in the UK, and this is what I saw:
- The gfx on my 200 MHz are sometimes better than the Xbox (even though there is a Nvidia TNT 2 in the Xbox, it seems they aren't using it)
- The controller only fits overgrown giant hands
- The picture stops for 2 seconds every 5 minutes while playing Halo
- The A.I. of Halo's aliens (the show off game of the Xbox) are dumb (they are reloading there weapons in the middle of the street while you can shoot them off)

One thing is better than the Gamecube though:
- The Xbox has no restrictions on violence, sex etc.

And that's why I like Playstation 2 better  :D

Bateluer

• Kudos: 0
Xbox review
« Reply #1 on: 1 April 2002, 07:05 »
"- The gfx on my 200 MHz are sometimes better than the Xbox (even though there is a Nvidia TNT 2 in the Xbox, it seems they aren't using it)"

Eh? The Xbox has a GF3 clocked at 250Mhz. Its core clock is higher than the Ti500 cards for the PC. It is castrated by memory though, limited to 64megs shared with the CPU.

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
Xbox review
« Reply #2 on: 1 April 2002, 22:43 »
i'll stick with my sega genesis.  :cool:
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Xbox review
« Reply #3 on: 1 April 2002, 14:46 »
yeah, me too, my megadrive has an attachment that you plug in in the slot to allow you to play master system cartridges AND master system cards!!!
now if that's not the cutting edge, i don't know what is   :D

Actually i really like my megadrive because i have a huge joystick, about the size of the machine itself, with the 6 megadrive buttons, the joystick is one of those ones like sega arcade machines have, it rattles and clicks really loudly when you use it, and allows you to really wrestle with it in those tense gameplaying moments. i really need to look into mapping that controller to my other machines... (the laptop and a sega saturn)

[ April 01, 2002: Message edited by: Calum ]

visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Insane Gamer

Xbox review
« Reply #4 on: 11 April 2002, 19:23 »
quote:
Originally posted by Refalm:
I tested the Xbox in a shop called HMV in Westminster City in the UK, and this is what I saw:
- The gfx on my 200 MHz are sometimes better than the Xbox (even though there is a Nvidia TNT 2 in the Xbox, it seems they aren't using it)
- The controller only fits overgrown giant hands
- The picture stops for 2 seconds every 5 minutes while playing Halo
- The A.I. of Halo's aliens (the show off game of the Xbox) are dumb (they are reloading there weapons in the middle of the street while you can shoot them off)

One thing is better than the Gamecube though:
- The Xbox has no restrictions on violence, sex etc.

And that's why I like Playstation 2 better    :D  

I have never heard of the Gamecube having any restrictions for sex and violence. I mean plenty of violent games are coming out on Gamecube...

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Resident Evil (The Whole Series)
Perfect Dark Zero
Agent Under Fire
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury
Turok: Evolution
Killer Instinct 3

[ April 11, 2002: Message edited by: Insane ]

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Xbox review
« Reply #5 on: 11 April 2002, 19:40 »
Yes PlayStation 2 RULE!!!

Hmm what next, will apple release a gaming console. Then SUN then IBM then Intel, Then Compaq, Then Philips, Then the POPE!!!

When will this endless flood of Gaming COnsoles END!!!!!!!!!!!

it wont

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Xbox review
« Reply #6 on: 6 May 2002, 02:41 »
quote:
I have never heard of the Gamecube having any restrictions for sex and violence. I mean plenty of violent games are coming out on Gamecube...

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Resident Evil (The Whole Series)
Perfect Dark Zero
Agent Under Fire
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury
Turok: Evolution
Killer Instinct 3

Yeah...
Remembered Carmeggedon TDR 2000 on the N64? Green blood, no humands, only zombies
Now remember Carmeggedon 2 on the Mac/PC: Normal (red) blood, humans and animals
Remembered Doom on the GBA? Green blood
Now remember Doom on the Mac/PC: Red blood

They bring out violent games allright, but the developers have to adjust the games... Sony lets them free in violency and stuff.

trc3

• http://www.sk8mafia4life.com
Xbox review
« Reply #7 on: 6 May 2002, 03:10 »
I hate my god damn inferior x-box, the controller is the size of texas. Theirs only a hand full of games compared to ps2, and out of that handfull their are only about 2 good ones, you have to buy extra stuff to watch dvd's and the fact that its basically a shitty box running win2000 dosent make me any happier. In conclusion, does anyone wanna buy a x-box?...

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Xbox review
« Reply #8 on: 6 May 2002, 03:36 »
quote:
Originally posted by Refalm:

Yeah...
Remembered Carmeggedon TDR 2000 on the N64? Green blood, no humands, only zombies
Now remember Carmeggedon 2 on the Mac/PC: Normal (red) blood, humans and animals
Remembered Doom on the GBA? Green blood
Now remember Doom on the Mac/PC: Red blood

They bring out violent games allright, but the developers have to adjust the games... Sony lets them free in violency and stuff.

I agree that they have done this in the past. But they are certainly getting better. Let's not forget such gore-Fest games as Perfect Dark, Conker, hell even Quake and Quake 2. All of these were nice bloody games at the end of the N64's career.

I think the Gamecube is willing to embrace a broader spectrum of games.

None the less... I have said it once, and I will say it again. Gore and flashy graphics don't mean a thing if the gameplay sux.

Remember Mortal Kombat? How it was such a big deal cuz it was so bloody.

Play it today and you realize that it was a totally shitty fighter, with sluggish controls, and total cheep AI. It was sold on shock value alone.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

leon

Xbox review
« Reply #9 on: 7 May 2002, 02:36 »
also gaming industries are getting alot of pressure from lawyers about gaming viloince affecting children, so that could be part of it.
every time you masturbate god kills a kitten.

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Xbox review
« Reply #10 on: 7 May 2002, 16:55 »
PLAYSTATION 2 "THE THIRD PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Personally My PC is better than the X-BOX its graphics are allbeit fine and my CPU is great.
And my PC is about the same value as an X-BOX