Author Topic: Alternatives to M$ optical mouse  (Read 6275 times)

solemnwarning

• Kudos: 338
    • http://www.solemnwarning.net
Alternatives to M$ optical mouse
« Reply #15 on: 30 January 2005, 04:51 »
I Have A Micrsoft Mouse Its Bigger Than Any Other Mice Ive Seen, But U Still Find It Easy To Use And Im 12!!

btw, Ive Got An Origional Xbox Controller And I Got Used To It After A Little While, But I Hate M$ Software I Only Have 1 Copy Of Win On My Network For Playing Games, The Other 6 Machines Are Linux  :D
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
 Version: 3.1
 GCS/CM d- s+:+ a--- C++ UL++++>$ P+ L+++ !E W++ !N !o !K-- w !O !M !V PS+ PE- !Y !PGP !t !5 !X !R tv b+ DI+ !D G e- h !r y-
 ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Annorax

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 457
« Reply #16 on: 30 January 2005, 12:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by solemnwarning:
I Have A Micrsoft Mouse Its Bigger Than Any Other Mice Ive Seen, But U Still Find It Easy To Use And Im 12!!

btw, Ive Got An Origional Xbox Controller And I Got Used To It After A Little While, But I Hate M$ Software I Only Have 1 Copy Of Win On My Network For Playing Games, The Other 6 Machines Are Linux   :D  

Just a little advice... proper English places a capital letter at the beginning of the first word of a sentence, And Not Every Bloody One. You might be taken a little more seriously if you put the effort in to make your posts more readable and less eye-bleed inducing. Thanks.
Quote from: "bash.org"
<3M> ok guys i've finally got my windows me machine up and running again :D
if everything seems to be running well on windows me you've obviously overlooked something....
<3M> who is general failure and why is he reading my hard disc :(
somehow, "i told you so" doesn't quite say it ;)

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #17 on: 30 January 2005, 14:32 »
quote:
Originally posted by Annorax, the Chipstacker:

Just a little advice... proper English places a capital letter at the beginning of the first word of a sentence, And Not Every Bloody One. You might be taken a little more seriously if you put the effort in to make your posts more readable and less eye-bleed inducing. Thanks.

Word.

quote:

If a mouse, keyboard or gamepad isn't from an asian company who made them fit for an avarage asian, I ain't buying it  ;)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #18 on: 30 January 2005, 17:22 »
how long does it take to type a whole post with a capital letter at the start of each word? do you think it's done using some sort of software?

anyway, i do agree that most of those M$ mice are too big, but if it's a good mouse and it works and you like it, why change? microsoft aren't even responsible for making the mice, they just outsource them and collect the profits. just use a bit of solvent spray cleaner to wipe of the microsoft logo and you're sorted. or scrape it off with a stanley blade.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

solemnwarning

« Reply #19 on: 30 January 2005, 19:07 »
Its Just The Way Ive Always Typed
 GCS/CM d- s+:+ a--- C++ UL++++>$ P+ L+++ !E W++ !N !o !K-- w !O !M !V PS+ PE- !Y !PGP !t !5 !X !R tv b+ DI+ !D G e- h !r y-

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #20 on: 30 January 2005, 21:08 »
quote:

Well... it's better to stop doing that. Especially when you're going to high school.

JanusChrist

• Kudos: 15
« Reply #21 on: 31 January 2005, 01:03 »
The blue mouse (the one I have) is actually quite ergonomic but I agree that big ungodly grey mouse of theres is just a pain in the ass.

And solemn, I'm rather impressed. For a 12 year old it sure sounds like you really know your shit. Although I agree with the rest that you need to change your typing habits.

[ January 30, 2005: Message edited by: JanusChrist ]

On your way out of Microsoft Land feel free to smash a few Windows.

solemnwarning

« Reply #22 on: 31 January 2005, 05:03 »
i do try to type like this exept i normally forget and just type how i normally do :S

pulsechild

• Kudos: 10
Re: Alternatives to M$ optical mouse
« Reply #23 on: 17 February 2005, 21:12 »
I was given my IntelliMouse for free when I fixed my aunts computer. She didn't believe me when I told her it wouldn't work with ME. True, it is big, but it doesn't really bother me.

Do the Logitec mice have the little buttons on the side and the scroller you can click down? True these are useless objects but I kinda like being able to go back and forth between pages really fast (like if you're going through a directory) without constantly rolling up and down between back and clicking.

I find it sad - horribly sad - that Linux handled the install of that mouse better than XP did. It also behaves better in Linux. So weird, eh?

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #24 on: 18 February 2005, 00:36 »
Quote from: solemnwarning

Can You Just Tell Me At Least How You Find It At All Easy To Type In This Way?

I Am Finding It Incredibly Difficult To Put A Capital Letter At The Start Of *Every* Single Word!!!!!1oneone

Please Answer This Question For Me. How Did You Get Into Such An Awkward Habit?
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

MrX

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #25 on: 18 February 2005, 01:39 »
Quote from: Calum
how long does it take to type a whole post with a capital letter at the start of each word? do you think it's done using some sort of software?

anyway, i do agree that most of those M$ mice are too big, but if it's a good mouse and it works and you like it, why change? microsoft aren't even responsible for making the mice, they just outsource them and collect the profits. just use a bit of solvent spray cleaner to wipe of the microsoft logo and you're sorted. or scrape it off with a stanley blade.

ah i already did that- i used sandpaper.

Mr X

Brandon Paddock

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #26 on: 11 March 2005, 11:05 »
I use a Logitech MX1000 and love it.

That said, I hate the software.  MS Intellipoint is infinitely better than the crap Logitech gives you.  If you install the Logitech software, the back/forward buttons stop working in Maxthon/Avant/Firefox (anything but IE) - the MS software had no such problem.

And if you set the buttons to be "alt+leftarrow" and "alt+rightarrow" - they stop working in the Picture/Fax viewer and several other places.  

And there are no per-application button assignments, something sorely missed from the MS Intellipoint software.  If only there were a way to have the best of both worlds.  Here's hoping Longhorn includes some of those Intellipoint features for any brand of mouse.
Cerebro - Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Lappy - Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005
DevServer - Windows Server 2003 x64
RobTheRouter - FreeBSD 5.3

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #27 on: 11 March 2005, 17:12 »
I have a cheap A4 tech wireless mouse, never let me down.

And on my lappy I use some other cheap mouse "Chic", which has also never let me down.

Question
* Who the fack can stand those forking sidebuttons anyway?

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #28 on: 11 March 2005, 20:26 »
I have a Logitech Wheelmouse Optical OEM.
The MX1000 was too big for me anyway.

So I don't need mouse software. The hard plastic that Logitech is using feels great (as does the plastic on the Logitech Precision Gamepad).
And, why need all those buttons on a mouse with things like a keyboard and mouse gestures? :)

bedouin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 443
    • http://homepage.mac.com/alqahtani/
« Reply #29 on: 11 March 2005, 21:07 »
Quote from: kintaro
Question
* Who the fack can stand those forking sidebuttons anyway?

Me.  I assign the one on my Logitech dual-optical to show all windows with Expose in OS X.

As for using a mouse with a laptop, it seems to defeat the purpose.  I see people who've had a portable for years and haven't learned how to use the trackpad.