Author Topic: Optical Mouse  (Read 1195 times)

Ocelot

• Kudos: 0
    • http://homepage.mac.com/ryanrafferty
Optical Mouse
« on: 13 December 2001, 21:23 »
Just so you know the optical mouse that Microsoft sells is technology they licensed from Hewlett-Packard. They just slapped a big Microsoft logo on it and packaged it.  

So I guess before you become to cynical about MS hardware just remember Microsoft is usually to lazy to build it themselves.

-Ryan

gump420

Optical Mouse
« Reply #1 on: 14 December 2001, 06:14 »
My brother bought one of those Microsoft optical mice some time ago; shortly after that I bought that blue Logitech optical mouse. My Logitech mouse spanked his Microsoft mouse so thoroughly in performance that he returned it and got a Logitech one.
I can't get over you until you get out from under him.

CommonSense

• VIP
    • http://www.microsuck.com
Optical Mouse
« Reply #2 on: 14 December 2001, 06:44 »
Since I knew the Optical Mouse wasn't really Microsoft's "innovation" (I had already read that they bought it from another party), I didn't have any qualms about trying it out when my former boss got one.  It didn't strike me as all that comfortable, but in any event, I'll confess it looks slick.

I ended up getting Kensington's four-button optical wheel mouse.  Same silver color, but it feels better to my hand.  And I have the pleasure of knowing I'm not buying a Microsoft product.    

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Optical Mouse
« Reply #3 on: 20 December 2001, 17:32 »
i thought the ms optical mouse was pretty good, but then i think any mouse is good if it doesn't get filled up with crap and filth after a few weeks....
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Tux

Optical Mouse
« Reply #4 on: 26 March 2002, 03:09 »
my mom bought that shitty optical mouse, needless to say it didnt work on my mac(i dunno know why i even tryed)and it hardly worked on my pc, the only programs i could get the side buttons to work corrrectly was in IE and windows explorer, the back buttons wouldnt work in netscape or opera. and overall i like my logitech optical mouse much better it was $20 less and as far as i can see works the same if not better...