Author Topic: ---I still hate windows--  (Read 2430 times)

cloudstrife

• Kudos: 0
---I still hate windows--
« Reply #15 on: 6 June 2002, 02:42 »
quote:
Originally posted by BanzaiTvirus:
2) Halo was in development for the ps2 for over a year. Then m$ bought bunige, just like they buy everthing else.
    --Wrong, it was in development for the PC for 2 years then switched to Xbox.

I remember reading in multiple gaming mags that Halo was a ******PS2******  launch game.  Same with Oddworld: munch's oddysee.

Ice-9

• http://users.pandora.be/Ice9
« Reply #16 on: 6 June 2002, 03:20 »
I also seem to remember that befor M$ bought Bungie Halo was supposed to be a PC game too.
I don't know if it has been released for the pc yet, but I do know one thing, I played it on the X-Box at a friend's place and it plainly sucks.
I play games all the time on my pc and it can't even begin to compare.
Slow gameplay, engine not adapted to a sucky gamepad (or controller, I don't know how you call this unhandy stuff) and graphics ..... well I don't have a Geforce4 but my Geforce3 renders waaaaaay better than what I saw with the X-box.
Just my opinion though ....
He was sitting on a rock. He was barefoot. His feet were frosty with ice-nine .....

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #17 on: 6 June 2002, 03:21 »
Worse than that. Halo was being made by Bungie for the Mac back in the days of Marathon. It was in development for ever!

Mac users have been hearing about Halo when PC people were still fragging around in DooM.

Then M$ baught them and it disapered.

I hate Bungie for throwing in the towel on the Mac comunity, talk about selling out big time!
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

slave

• http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
« Reply #18 on: 6 June 2002, 04:26 »
I have no use for the XBOX since I have a hyper-fast computer and most good games for the xbox either came from the PC or will/have been ported to the PC.  I'm currently playing Morrowind right now; I loved Daggerfall and the graphics and gameplay are just great; the high-res graphics of the PC version completely blow away the XBOX version.  Consoles in gereral contain shallow games without much depth; PC games are usually of a lot better quality.  Also, I'm addicted to Internet gaming, something consoles have been slow to pick up on.

Of all three consoles out right now, however, I'd have to say the XBOX is the best one to get, especially for the future.  I personally don't see why people are so fanatical about the PS2; the times I've played games on it I was pretty bored, and those obnoxious Final Fantasy XXVII spiky-haired-skinny-anime-guys-with-swords-bigger-than-their-bodies-go-on-
shallow-adventures-with-cheesy-turn-based-fighting games are so freaking pathetic it makes me sick; thank you but I'll stick to the PC for my RPG needs.
[edited due to scrolling-off-the-edge-of-the-screen difficulties]

[ June 06, 2002: Message edited by: Calum ]

cloudstrife

« Reply #19 on: 6 June 2002, 06:31 »
quote:
Originally posted by Windows XP User #5225982375:
I have no use for the XBOX since I have a hyper-fast computer and most good games for the xbox either came from the PC or will/have been ported to the PC.  I'm currently playing Morrowind right now; I loved Daggerfall and the graphics and gameplay are just great; the high-res graphics of the PC version completely blow away the XBOX version.  Consoles in gereral contain shallow games without much depth; PC games are usually of a lot better quality.  Also, I'm addicted to Internet gaming, something consoles have been slow to pick up on.

Of all three consoles out right now, however, I'd have to say the XBOX is the best one to get, especially for the future.  I personally don't see why people are so fanatical about the PS2; the times I've played games on it I was pretty bored, and those obnoxious Final Fantasy XXVII spiky-haired-skinny-anime-guys-with-swords-bigger-than-their-bodies-go-
on-shallow-adventures-with-cheesy-turn-based-fighting games are so freaking pathetic it makes me sick; thank you but I'll stick to the PC for my RPG needs.

FUCK YOU.  Why do you continue to post here?  You are quite obviously a M$ employee.  Well, go tell Billy boy that cloudstrife has had enough of you!    :mad:   You are soooo agravating because you don't even listen to what we say, you tell so many lies!!!!  All of your points are BS!

[edited, scrolling difficulties again]

[ June 06, 2002: Message edited by: Calum ]

xploser

• http://buttfucker.com/
« Reply #20 on: 6 June 2002, 15:04 »
I have no use for the XBOX or for any other piece of high tech machinery since I have no brain to speak of and would have incredible difficulty even turning the XBOX on, let alone actually using it.  I'm currently dictating this, as my attendant types it into the computer for me; I loved the ATARI 5200 and the graphics and gameplay were just great; the high-res graphics of the ATARI completely blow away the XBOX. Plus, I could almost understand how the games were to be played! It wasn't as intuitive as PONG mind you. Consoles in gereral these days contain shallow games without much depth; Pencil and paper games are usually of a lot better quality.  Also, I'm addicted to heroine, something consoles have never been able to match in my opinion.
Of all three consoles out right now, however, I'd have to say the XBOX is the best one to get, because if I don't, my employer, Steve Ballmer, who I love, will shoot me through the head with that 12 gauge he is so eagerly loading right now. He might do it anyway, judging from that hideous leer, and the mad glint in his eye.  I personally don't see why people are so fanatical about the PS2; the times I've tried to find the 'on' switch I was pretty bored, and those obnoxious guys-who-laugh-at-you-for-not-knowing-which-way-to-hold-the-controller are so freaking pathetic it makes me want to run away and cry; thank you but I'll stick to buttfucking and heroin for my own perverted needs.
open source is even more dumb that me!
go away!

cloudstrife

« Reply #21 on: 6 June 2002, 21:21 »
quote:
Originally posted by XP Loser #666 90210:
I have no use for the XBOX or for any other piece of high tech machinery since I have no brain to speak of and would have incredible difficulty even turning the XBOX on, let alone actually using it.  I'm currently dictating this, as my attendant types it into the computer for me; I loved the ATARI 5200 and the graphics and gameplay were just great; the high-res graphics of the ATARI completely blow away the XBOX. Plus, I could almost understand how the games were to be played! It wasn't as intuitive as PONG mind you. Consoles in gereral these days contain shallow games without much depth; Pencil and paper games are usually of a lot better quality.  Also, I'm addicted to heroine, something consoles have never been able to match in my opinion.
Of all three consoles out right now, however, I'd have to say the XBOX is the best one to get, because if I don't, my employer, Steve Ballmer, who I love, will shoot me through the head with that 12 gauge he is so eagerly loading right now. He might do it anyway, judging from that hideous leer, and the mad glint in his eye.  I personally don't see why people are so fanatical about the PS2; the times I've tried to find the 'on' switch I was pretty bored, and those obnoxious guys-who-laugh-at-you-for-not-knowing-which-way-to-hold-the-controller are so freaking pathetic it makes me want to run away and cry; thank you but I'll stick to buttfucking and heroin for my own perverted needs.

:D    :D    :D  

Lol

ravuya

• VIP
« Reply #22 on: 8 June 2002, 21:05 »
quote:
Originally posted by psyjax:
I hate Bungie for throwing in the towel on the Mac comunity, talk about selling out big time!

Ehhh... I have faith in Bungie. They'll release it on the Mac eventually.. I hope. Or I'll have to go down there and make them release it.

Ctrl Alt Del 123

« Reply #23 on: 10 June 2002, 06:34 »
Spider-Man on the XBox is better than the PS2 version.

Interscope

« Reply #24 on: 10 June 2002, 23:46 »
Yeah, because the ps2 version is missing one big important thing:

GSoDs.
Free it, goddamnit!

Computer security is very much like home security - you can take as many security precautions as you like but if you leave windows open, sooner or later you'll get broken into. - (Calum 2003)

Ctrl Alt Del 123

« Reply #25 on: 11 June 2002, 06:07 »
GSoDs?

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
« Reply #26 on: 11 June 2002, 06:29 »
Green Screen of Death... In other words, innovation.

[ June 10, 2002: Message edited by: VoidMain ]

Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
« Reply #27 on: 11 June 2002, 07:27 »
actally, this here linux boy owns a xbox, i have used it for extented periods of time and it does not crash. one of the reasons it was crashing was that the versions of the software being run were still in beta, i kinda think that the xbox if proof that macroshat can do way better but most of the time chooses not to. besides, it comes with a cd ripper adn endcoder built it , how amusing, i can voilate the dmca with my xbox
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!