Author Topic: ---I still hate windows--  (Read 2432 times)

alazar

• Kudos: 0
---I still hate windows--
« on: 4 June 2002, 13:05 »
I think that all you people saying the Xbox sucks, should buy all 3 of the next-gen systems and try the best games on each(In other words their 'flagship' titles)

I bought a PS2 a half year after they came out, I was very happy! Then my friends got Xboxes, finally after a half year of saying all things M$ are evil I went to one of their houses and played all their xbox games, the controller was a little big but I was stunned by the graphics and game play.

But, I still hated M$ so I bought a GC instead of a Xbox, oh god did I hate it! I bought 2 games with it-super smash bros. and star wars rogue commander or something like that---Then I rented Resident Evil... oh that game looked wonderful, but I hate Resident evil so it didn't really help that the game that got many people to buy a GC(Resident Evil) Was great but looked to be the only good game on GC.... About 2 weeks after purchaseing the GC I returned it, and will be selling its games a controller and memory card once i can get to the big city.

Upon returning it to the local wal*mart I purchased an Xbox and Halo, the system may not look as cool as the PS2 or GC but, the quality makes up for it! Who cares if there aren't a whole lot of 3rd party developers for Xbox?(in my opinion there are many) because the games Microsoft Studios is going to realease by the end of this year are actually Innovative(imagine that from M$!) they look like they'll be great fun; the online plan for Xbox(Xbox Live) is going to beat the hell out of the PS2's and GC's!

I wont be buying many Xbox games till the end of the year when the best ones are out, but if I take my time halo can occupie almost all my gameing needs...

The only reason I am not selling my PS2 and its games and memory card, is because there will be games exclusive to PS2 and GC(no Xbox =( ) The only Nintendos I have enjoyed useing since the SNES are the Gameboys

Xbox sales are extremely low b/c no one in foreign countries trust an american console, and because it doesn't have many games out yet; that will change by the end of this year because of the release of about 200 great games. But I predict that its success will be short lived because within two years after the end of this year(so about 3 years) The PS3 will come out and kick everythings ass!

If you're younger sibling respects you and actually looks up to you they will most likely play the games you like. Therefor not all kids like 'kiddy' games.

My younger brother(6 yrs old) plays games that I like or liked, and despises games I despise or despised, that means he loves the violent games..... the only reason I play games is to release frustration(from things like life in general) so mostly I play games that take my mind away from what happend that day, by either killing something, completeing a glorious magickal quest, winning a strategical battle against a intelligent opponent, or saveing people in some game.

Games like pikman just frustrate me more because they are like childrens puzzles(wasn't ever really good w/ puzzles)----

alazar

« Reply #1 on: 4 June 2002, 13:23 »
I have been reading posts here, do you fuckers even know about any games in development for the Xbox??? Probably not the way you are talking--- If you think the PS2 can beat the Xbox you are a pure idiot, or just really ignorant!

There will be no original games for the Xbox?***WRONG*** I think that Project Ego comeing out for Xbox is going to be one of the most original games on any console.

Have you noticed almost all of the PS2's BEST games have/are being ported to the Xbox with better graphics,more levels,and more extras??
For instance:
 MGS2 - Is comeing to Xbox with VR Missions and better graphics(prolly more I dunno about)
 Too bad I already own it on PS2 or Id buy it on Xbox. read some decent reviews/previews of games not ones off of thoses anti-M$ sites; try an unbiased sources like:

http://www.xengamers.com/

^they have reviews/previews etc... for all next gen consoles(PS2,GC,Xbox)

you alternative OS ppl are supposed to be smart, evidentally you aren't in 'the advanced group' in consoles.

It is only logical for games like FF to be brought to the Xbox, it is the better system.(believe me I have bought and tried them all!)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #2 on: 4 June 2002, 13:23 »
the problem with getting everybody to buy all three, is that then Microsoft gets all the money.

Personally i prefer the megadrive, and all the consoles i have right now are second hand. (i did buy an atari2600 and a master system new when they came out, but they are long gone now)

Oh yes, and i should say something like "and i was totally blown away!" or "the visuals were fantastic! what great special effects!" since that's the sort of thing people go for when they talk about consoles...
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #3 on: 4 June 2002, 13:34 »
quote:
Originally posted by BanzaiTvirus:
[QB]I have been reading posts here, do you fuckers even know about any games in development for the Xbox??? Probably not the way you are talking--- If you think the PS2 can beat the Xbox you are a pure idiot, or just really ignorant!
oh yes. one of those posts, eh?

quote:

There will be no original games for the Xbox?***WRONG***
well if it's wrong, then why did you just say it, dumbass? i don't think anybody here (and certainly not me) has said there would be no new games for the xbox, how would M$ market it if that were the case? think, okay?
quote:

Have you noticed almost all of the PS2's BEST games have/are being ported to the Xbox with better graphics,more levels,and more extras??
For instance:... blah blah blah ...try an unbiased sources like:
http://www.xengamers.com/
^they have reviews/previews etc... for all next gen consoles(PS2,GC,Xbox)
ho hum, no i haven't, but then i don't actually care much. by the way, anybody can post a URL, you know, i could probably find the URL for the ku klux klan if i tried, and post it, but it wouldn't go anyway to proving that blind moronic racism and violence is a good idea.

quote:
you alternative OS ppl are supposed to be smart,
is that right? says who? did i come on here and say "i'm smart" in a lot of posts or something? no.  
quote:
evidentally you aren't in 'the advanced group' in consoles.
Oooooh! handbags at dawn. What an insult, also i think a comment about how somebody must know nothing just because of their preferences of game console is a little stretched. It's just a computer game console!

quote:
It is only logical for games like FF to be brought to the Xbox, it is the better system.(believe me I have bought and tried them all!)
Surely the choice is aesthetic? i will never buy an Xbox because M$ make me sick. the XBox is a marketting tool, designed to ensnare the doped down loyalties of the current teenage generation. It is entirely immaterial whether or not it is in fact any use.

With people swanning around saying "xbox is better, U mugz R dumm!" then, the marketing will succeed. How long do you think the xbox will continue to be supported? i'll give you a hint, Microsoft no longer support any versions of windows except win2000 and winXP. And maybe winME, but i'm not sure.

the planned obsolescence of an M$ product is about 2 years, for most efficient turnover.

alazar

« Reply #4 on: 4 June 2002, 20:41 »
Yes, I do know that most M$ products get dumped within 2 years, but I am giving Xbox 3 until the PS3 comes out...

And about it makeing me loyal to M$??? bah, whatever man. I still despise windows, but linux takes a little too much time for me to work with-but most likely once i get cable I will dl and install redhat or suse.

and I did not 'just find and copy a link'
I actually go to and read reviews and previews(mostly the later) on games for my 2 systems(remember I sold the GC)

If you want some good reviews for any of the 3 next generation consoles take a peak at http://www.xengamers.com

Oh yeah here is a cool PC game, go into the forums and ask them for a linux port!

http://www.americasarmy.com

badkarma

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: 4 June 2002, 21:10 »
I decide which console to buy by judging which console is easiest to develop for (which means better games at earlier generations) and in that aspect nintendo wins *BY FAR*

furthermore your point about xbox exclusive games is a moot point because most developers/publishers which made exclusive games have already announced that they will port their games purely for the fact that they were losing money .... take in account that the xbox is the most expensive console at the moment and it's just a really crappy pc in disguise (it's noisy too, for a console) *and* the fact that the controllers were clearly not made with my size of hands in mind .... xbox is a definate no-no in my book (let loose the fact that it is being sold (not how I said sold ... not manufactured) by the Evil Empire (tm) which aren't going to get any money from me (not directly at least ... I pay taxes and my government uses M$ products))
If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

Interscope

« Reply #6 on: 4 June 2002, 23:23 »
If you were so stunned by the graphics, go buy a Geforce 4 Titanium and watch the TechDemo's.

Then you'll be stunned.
Free it, goddamnit!

Computer security is very much like home security - you can take as many security precautions as you like but if you leave windows open, sooner or later you'll get broken into. - (Calum 2003)

cloudstrife

« Reply #7 on: 5 June 2002, 01:04 »
quote:

Upon returning it to the local wal*mart I purchased an Xbox and Halo, the system may not look as cool as the PS2 or GC but, the quality makes up for it!

1) XBOX freezes, you call this QUALITY?

2) Halo was in development for the ps2 for over a year.  Then m$ bought bunige, just like they buy everthing else.

Ctrl Alt Del 123

« Reply #8 on: 5 June 2002, 02:23 »
My little brother bought an XBox and Halo some time ago, and I have played Halo a little bit. We also have a PS2.

So far, if the XBox gets more games, it will beat the living shit out of the competition. I do like Sony, my Sony ES reciever has given me 3 solid years of performance, and my Sony CD Walkman has gone through so many rough times and still works. But if the XBox gets the games, it can surpass the PS2.

It's all about the games, I don't care how good the system is, if it comes with a built in hard drive, or if it can cook me breakfast, if it has good games, it will do well.

But, so far, I am addicted to Smash Brothers Melee, I've racked up over 200 hours on the damn game and I've had it about 2 weeks!

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #9 on: 5 June 2002, 02:55 »
the point is largely academic, welcome to the forums, bonsaiTvirus, you make a fair bunch of points, by pointing out that your priorities are different from mine, but the fact is that if you buy an Xbox, then you are funding this crappy windows OS you profess to hate. Surely the other machines offer something that makes it worth not even bothering with the Xbox? i confess i haven't tried any of those nextgen platforms, having most recently tried the N64 and playstation, but nothing newer, so what you have to say about the actual systems really overrules anything i do from that perspective...

alazar

« Reply #10 on: 5 June 2002, 08:17 »
1) XBOX freezes, you call this QUALITY?
    --NONE of my fried's Xboxes have EVER frozen, or overheated or anything like that, maby you should check the conditions your brother puts his sytem under? it should be in an open place, and cleaned(the air vents on sides) so it doesn't overheat or anything. Take proper care of your HW and you wont have a problem with it.

2) Halo was in development for the ps2 for over a year. Then m$ bought bunige, just like they buy everthing else.
    --Wrong, it was in development for the PC for 2 years then switched to Xbox.

And colum I know that my purchaseing and supporting an Xbox helps the M$ empire, but my purchase of a gameing console is for the joy it brings me; not for my feelings about the company behind it.

About "could the other systems work for me?" yes in fact I still play my PS2 regulary but do not plan on purchaseing any more games for it unless I am sure they will not move to the Xbox... and GC was just not my way of haveing fun with games. but if the Xbox fails I will just wait for the PS3 which I will sell both my PS2 and Xbox in order to get(most likely the future PS will be VERY high-priced)

In reply to a post about Xbox being the most expensive? where do you get that? the PS2 dropped their price to 199$ and at about the same time so did the Xbox(and the GC dropped to about 145$)

And about the developers quiting the Xbox for the GC, maybe but the only company developing games for the Xbox that I am looking forward to buying games from is M$ Gameing Studios(lol) because they have the best looking games so far.

\\If in fact GC makes up for its current lack of my kind of games I may decide to purchase one again, by then it will be lowered to around 99$//

Peace...

Oh yeah I may hate windows but I cannot use Linux for anything pleaseing(besides learning a little bit about the OS) so I have not yet replaced windows with it... I am not some super knowledgable person who can make windows games work in Linux; personally I could never get wine to work at all!

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
« Reply #11 on: 5 June 2002, 08:47 »
The only problem I have with this post is that the same thing could happen in the Gaming world that happened in the Desktop OS world. That is: Indulging in short term pleasure could cause another long term expensive bloody monopoly. Now Sony and Nintendo have a good head start and have a lot of money so hopefully having the M$ Crock-Pot will only cause Sony and Nintendo to put out better products rather than go out of the gaming business. We can only hope that history will not repeat itself in the gaming arena.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #12 on: 5 June 2002, 11:30 »
Microsoft soft make the X-BOX, Next thing apple and sun will make consoles!!!

Ahhh COnsole Overload

PLAYSTATION II THE THIRD PLACE!

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #13 on: 5 June 2002, 13:48 »
voidmain, while sony have a lot of other interests to fall back on, i don't think they will allow an upstart like Microsoft to triumph over them. Unless Microsoft bows out after the xbox is done with, i think it may be a bloody battle.

Sony chose to contend in the console arena fairly recently, having waited for it to 'mature' before dipping their toe. Sony's strategy was clever enough to actually force Sega out of hardware development sompletely, to only develop software for other platforms! They will not just step back gracefully now Microsoft have introduced their own chaotic element into the proceedings.

badkarma

• VIP
« Reply #14 on: 5 June 2002, 14:10 »
quote:
In reply to a post about Xbox being the most expensive? where do you get that? the PS2 dropped their price to 199$ and at about the same time so did the Xbox(and the GC dropped to about 145$)

not if you live in europe ....

xbox = 299 euros (which was 400+ euros !!!!)
gc = 219 euros
ps2 = i forgot

quote:

And about the developers quiting the Xbox for the GC, maybe but the only company developing games for the Xbox that I am looking forward to buying games from is M$ Gameing Studios(lol) because they have the best looking games so far.

yeah ... I prefer gameplay over graphics though (and gameplay is strangely lacking in most xbox titles, the ones with good gameplay are certainly not made by M$, hell M$ doesn't even make games, they just buy out companies which do)
If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.