Author Topic: why do some major computer co. support Microsoft  (Read 2129 times)

Brent

• Kudos: 0
    • http://none
why do some major computer co. support Microsoft
« Reply #15 on: 1 April 2002, 02:03 »
Just as a point of interest, I got the hell out of knome and started fooling with KDE. What a difference!!  I might get to like mandrake after all. Still got a long way to go but I was getting very frustrated with Knome.  Still having a hell of a time getting decent looking fonts, but I hear thats problem inherent to Linux.

Brent

• Kudos: 0
    • http://none
« Reply #16 on: 1 April 2002, 02:21 »
Calum... In the main, on this site, the people seem to be very helpfull and courtious to someone who has some questions about linux.  My comments on a prior post concerned a few other forums that I had the missfortune to go into.  It seemed like the sites are dominated by silly kids, probably just posting to piss people off. Proving nothing. I dont live and breath computers, but after my experiences with activation with Microsoft, I am looking for an alternative.  I had a OEM version of XP and took it off the crappy computer my wife had it on and put it on mine. I called MS and got a real snotty woman on the line that said I was out of luck. I called back and explained the situation to the guy that answered that time, telling him I was junking the computer it came on and didnt think it was fair to be out $165.00 He agreed and activated it for me. Goes to show that they are not all bad if you approach them right. I still disagree with the entire policy of activation.  I can get a pirated copy anytime I want, but I am not really into that sort of thing. Microsoft, with thier policies, are forcing people to break their stupid laws.  If I have any more problems with them, you can probably guess what I will do then!!!

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #17 on: 1 April 2002, 04:35 »
Heehehe... So that's how you treat them right  

I called Apple once to their tech support department for trouble I was having on my iMac, I told them I was trying out a friends copy of OS 9 on it. The tech guy said that was against the EULA and that I should take it off once I had tried it out for a while.

He still gave me tech support and didn't give me any shit about it.

Three days later I baught a legit copy.

Amazing what treating customers with common curtesy and respect will get you! Customer loyalty for one  :D .
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR