Author Topic: What the hell is being done to stop this DRM crap?  (Read 1071 times)

bwid_s_01

• Kudos: 0
I'm going insane here. Microsoft's DRM is such piece of fucking retarded shit that I cannot even think of words to express my hatred for Microsoft and everyone else who supports them. Something must be done to end this shit.

Even though I enjoy downloading music and videos and stuff from p2p programs, I do believe that people should pay for things like music to support the artists. What's very useful are the new services that let you download songs for like a dollar or so. That's extremely convinient so that you don't have to buy an entire cd if you only want one song, and then it's more reasonable to actually pay for the song, even though you can rip it off for free. I support services like this 100%!

HOWEVER, I DO NOT support AT ALL the way approx 95% of web sites that provide these services work. I was curious about these sites and considering maybe signing up for one of them, but I nearly went crazy after researching about 20 of these sites.

Problem 1 - I would say about 98% of the sites ReQUIRE you to use Windows 2000 or XP, do NOT support Mac, Linux, etc.., and REQUIRE you to use Microshit Windoze Media Player 7+. In fact 9 of the sites force you to upgrade to Microfuck Media Series 9, which I absolutely hate and am disgusted with its look, quality, and performace. I will NEVER EVER use WMP9!

Problem 2 - About 95% of them only let you download music in Microsoft's WMA format. I refuse to use their piece of shit format, which is contantly changing, and which will lead to Microsoft's control of media standards.

Problem 3 - What's scariest of all - IF you're not using any hacking/cracking tools, You do not get to decide what you do with the song you BUY! In fact you dont actually buy it, you "license" it like its something you're renting and never actually possess. You can only play the song on a WINDOWS COMPUTER!!!! If you ever go to Linux or such, it'll never play (legally). That's like saying I can't bring some possessions with me if I move to a new house! ANd You can only burn the song once or twice or so!!! This is total crap! I also want to know if it's possible to open, edit, and reencode these songs in Audio Editors such as Cool Edit Pro, or if that's prohibited too!

FUCK WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER & INTERNET EXPLORER!
FUCK FUCK MICROSOFT!!
FUCK FUCK FUCK DRM!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS BEING DONE TO STOP THIS FUCKING RETARDED SHIT??? All this shit needs to get some serious spotlight on tv and internet news to let the ignorant public know they're all getting screwed by MS.

By the way if you carefully read the Minimum Requirements and License Restriction sections at
 http://www.buymusic.com/support/help.aspx   its a perfect place to see an example of Microsoft's monopoly on Internet Browsers, Operating Systems, and Media Players.

[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: bwid_s_01 ]

[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: bwid_s_01 ]

dirtyharry

What the hell is being done to stop this DRM crap?
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2003, 07:01 »
Take a Prozac dude!  Good God!  There is more to life then the digital world, but apparently you live in your own little world.  ** GET A LIFE!!! * *

bwid_s_01

« Reply #2 on: 23 July 2003, 07:40 »
Dirty Harry, did u register and post your one and only post just to tell me that? I wouldnt be suprised if youre a Microsoft employee or even Bill Gates the devil himself!

mc0282

« Reply #3 on: 23 July 2003, 08:56 »
the was funny thou bwid_s_01,
but one thing have to say maybe people would do the same, if we the customer the make this fucking greedy companies rich, going to lose our freedom to money. i am going to use the feature called "drag and drop", and apply to my PC  take it to the window and drag it and than  drop it and would be the end of this fucking  DMCA,DRM,COPYRIGHT,et..
because i don't see nothing on tv against this i think even the news people are being bought or showing people point of view, we have our pathetic old farts congress being bought  and we can't do shit about it, beside voting even for that we get fucked in the ass, that's reason i don't fucking vote (wait expect when  the president elections comes because i am going to be voting against bush fucking dick)

ahh has much i hate microsoft,mpaa,riaa,dmca and complaint about them  they won't go way anytime soon or unless blow up those motherfucker..

[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: mc0282 ]

huh, what?

avello500

• http://www.suicidaltendencies.com/
« Reply #4 on: 23 July 2003, 21:41 »
i know when i vote next time, im will not vote for anyone already in office. unless they have favorable views about pitbulls and prostitution. them fuckers got me pissed a time or two many.
How can you say im crazy? You wouldnt know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch.  -- mike muir/suicidal tendencies

suselinux

• Kudos: 30
« Reply #5 on: 23 July 2003, 10:15 »
quote:
WHAT THE HELL IS BEING DONE TO STOP THIS FUCKING RETARDED SHIT??? All this shit needs to get some serious spotlight on tv and internet news to let the ignorant public know they're all getting screwed by MS.  

Nothing, more is being done through that stupid DMCA to help push DRM, than anyone else could even try to do, to stifle it.