Author Topic: EA say Xbox Live business model "unfair"  (Read 1890 times)

BouncingAyatollah

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.bouncingayatollah.co.uk
EA say Xbox Live business model "unfair"
« on: 14 November 2003, 02:05 »
"At the moment EA will not be supporting Xbox Live and they don?t expect to resolve the problems for some time."

http://www.ps2networkgamer.com/news008.html
The cheese would have to be subatomic size before quantum cheese effects would take over -- and then it wouldn't be identifiable as cheese any longer.

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
« Reply #1 on: 19 November 2003, 04:48 »

preacher

• VIP
  • Kudos: 107
    • http://kansascity.cjb.net
« Reply #2 on: 27 December 2003, 00:30 »
SSX 3 for the ps2 is the only version that supports online play, meanwhile the xbox version does not. I dont know, I always considered the whole xbox live thing as too expensive. At $50 a year it makes me not want to even waste my time. Meanwhile the ps2 online adapter requires a one time fee except for the monthly fee required for some games. Lately ps2 has released some kick ass games with online functionality. SSX3, Midnight Club 2, Medal of Honor Rising Sun, The Sims Bustin Out, Madden 2004, Tony Hawk Underground, Socom 2, and more. I finally purchased an online adapter for my ps2, and it has rejuvinated my love for the system. The xbox has lost the online console wars, and the ps2 is the winner.
Kansas City Hustle
http://kansascity.cjb.net

SameBrian

« Reply #3 on: 22 January 2004, 04:53 »
quote:
Originally posted by ThePreacher:
SSX 3 for the ps2 is the only version that supports online play, meanwhile the xbox version does not. I dont know, I always considered the whole xbox live thing as too expensive. At $50 a year it makes me not want to even waste my time. Meanwhile the ps2 online adapter requires a one time fee except for the monthly fee required for some games. Lately ps2 has released some kick ass games with online functionality. SSX3, Midnight Club 2, Medal of Honor Rising Sun, The Sims Bustin Out, Madden 2004, Tony Hawk Underground, Socom 2, and more. I finally purchased an online adapter for my ps2, and it has rejuvinated my love for the system. The xbox has lost the online console wars, and the ps2 is the winner.

C'mon 50 bucks...people pay more than that a year for their internet connection (which most of them just play games)...I mean if you play a game online it extends the playability again...so maybe you play Halo 2 a bit longer than going out and buying Halo3...wow...you saved 20 bucks that year...

Second...what happens when the business that made your game stops supporting it? You think that when PS3 comes out all the PS2 games will be supported? No...companies are gonna see that no one new is buying their games to play online, so why bother..whereas Microsoft hosts all the game servers so it's not like it's much skin off their back to keep it running for a bit longer...and besides, you don't need Live...you can play it with programs that you DL off the internet.

preacher

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: 22 January 2004, 19:29 »
quote:
Originally posted by SameBrian:

C'mon 50 bucks...people pay more than that a year for their internet connection (which most of them just play games)...I mean if you play a game online it extends the playability again...so maybe you play Halo 2 a bit longer than going out and buying Halo3...wow...you saved 20 bucks that year...

Second...what happens when the business that made your game stops supporting it? You think that when PS3 comes out all the PS2 games will be supported? No...companies are gonna see that no one new is buying their games to play online, so why bother..whereas Microsoft hosts all the game servers so it's not like it's much skin off their back to keep it running for a bit longer...and besides, you don't need Live...you can play it with programs that you DL off the internet.

Golly gee you are right Brian. We here at the FUCKMICROSOFT.COM forums should like the xbox. How about you go join an xbox forum if you like it so much.

[ January 22, 2004: Message edited by: ThePreacher ]

Kansas City Hustle

Annorax

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 457
« Reply #5 on: 23 January 2004, 03:55 »
quote:
Originally posted by ThePreacher:

Golly gee you are right Brian. We here at the FUCKMICROSOFT.COM forums should like the xbox. How about you go join an xbox forum if you like it so much.

Seconded. Why the hell would anyone like the xbox? It's a second rate pile of crap, and its only real use is Linux. I'd like to someday be showing off my network to someone, point at an xbox in a corner, and say "that's the router and email server".  :D
Quote from: "bash.org"
<3M> ok guys i've finally got my windows me machine up and running again :D
if everything seems to be running well on windows me you've obviously overlooked something....
<3M> who is general failure and why is he reading my hard disc :(
somehow, "i told you so" doesn't quite say it ;)

SameBrian

« Reply #6 on: 23 January 2004, 10:07 »
quote:
Originally posted by Annorax: Temporal Refugee:

Seconded. Why the hell would anyone like the xbox? It's a second rate pile of crap, and its only real use is Linux. I'd like to someday be showing off my network to someone, point at an xbox in a corner, and say "that's the router and email server".   :D  

Oh I'm sorry I thought this site was about how Microsoft sucks because they monopolize the industry and make it look like anyone who doesn't use Windows software is a retard who obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. I can hate Microsoft and like their product you know...I mean...people still download Metallica (ie for your small brain...they don't agree with Metallica on filesharing issues but still like their music)

Second...there are these things for the XBox called "Video Games." You should try them some day..they are really fun to play and give the XBox a use (besides Linux of course)

Annorax

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 23 January 2004, 10:17 »
quote:

Oh I'm sorry I thought this site was about how Microsoft sucks because they monopolize the industry and make it look like anyone who doesn't use Windows software is a retard who obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. I can hate Microsoft and like their product you know...I mean...people still download Metallica (ie for your small brain...they don't agree with Metallica on filesharing issues but still like their music)

Hating Microsoft and hating their product are, as you allude to, two different things. Microsoft itself is despicable, and for the good of the world needs to be disbanded. Hating its products doesn't come quite hand in hand with hating it... but it's extremely easy to confuse the two. I hate  most of its products because they're designed to force costly upgrades and make switching to a non-M$ platform impossible, thus maintaining the illegal monopoly.

quote:

Second...there are these things for the XBox called "Video Games." You should try them some day..they are really fun to play and give the XBox a use (besides Linux of course)

I play video games just as much as anyone else. But I believe the games that have been released for Xbox have been substandard and are just no fun... which make video games a non-use. Once that's eliminated, the only viable uses for it are paperweight and low-cost Linux box. I'm not sure about you, but I don't spend $200 on a paperweight.

And one more thing: Flaming a mod (or any other non-Troll member) for a perfectly reasonable and logical opinion is a very BAD thing to do if you want to be respected here.

Edits: I can't type in the dark.

[ January 23, 2004: Message edited by: Annorax: Temporal Refugee ]

if everything seems to be running well on windows me you've obviously overlooked something....

preacher

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: 23 January 2004, 18:44 »
Oh you are right Brian, we should all dance around saying how much we hate Microsoft, but at the same time support its monopoly by using its products.

I don't think you understand what this site is about. I refuse to use Microsoft products. I formatted XP off my hard drive the day I bought my PC. I only use linux, every day. I don't buy Microsoft software, I don't play xbox games. I refuse to buy a stupid Microsoft mouse. I will not support Microsoft in anyway, I even decided against becoming an MCSE, regardless of how many jobs are available, just because I want nothing to do with them.

When I say FUCK MICROSOFT, I mean it!!!!!
Kansas City Hustle

SameBrian

« Reply #9 on: 25 January 2004, 01:19 »
@Annorex

I wasn't flaming (*edit* Yes I was..and I'm sorry *edit*) you, but I don't appreciate when someone calls a product that I bought with my own money and happen to love a "second rate piece of crap." You know, I watched Cabin Fever yesterday, which got rave reviews, but all of the people who watched it with me (as well as myself) thought it was stupid. It doesn't mean that I am going to insult it, because I know that other's out there like it. Now I may say "in my opinion, Cabin Fever wasn't scary at all and they wrapped it up too quickly, leaving many elements unexplained" but I won't say "yeah that movie sucked."

See what I mean? Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, but I would appreciate it if you stated it as an opinion.

Also, I do apologize if I came off as rude, as I was tired when I wrote it and ironically just had a discussion about why I thought XBox Live was better than the PS2 online gaming, so to come on and read all that was just..well.."argh"

[ January 24, 2004: Message edited by: SameBrian ]

Aaron Ni

• VIP
  • Kudos: 33
« Reply #10 on: 25 January 2004, 05:44 »
Brian, if you cant tell the difference between people's opinions and facts... well you're a sensitive little shit.  You dont appreciate it when someone calls a product that you bought with your own money and happen to love a "second rate piece of crap."?  Well that's tough shit, nobody here is going to pull their blows for fear of insulting someone.
You know me.... really...

SameBrian

« Reply #11 on: 25 January 2004, 11:51 »
Gee with that attitude you are sure to attract everyone who uses Microsoft products to your side...obviously I missed the "yell at everyone and they will think that you are right" approach to everything.

I was simply saying that I don't appreciate something that I put a lot of research into and spent a lot of money on a second-rate piece of crap. I mean, in my opinion, XBox has better graphics and games, an internal HD for storing savegames (heaven for game renters), a centralized online gaming network, so if a company doesn't support a game anymore, Microsoft still can, and it looks a hundred times better than the PS2. What more could you want?

*edit* btw preacher from your first post...why should I go join a XBox forum? I thought the whole point of having a forum here was so people could discuss things...you know...like...umm..at a forum...if I disagree with what people say about PS2 being better than XBox, then as a registered user here I have a right to say so. I mean, people can take away that right, and I have to respect that, but while I have the right, I can disagree with whatever I damn well please.

[ January 25, 2004: Message edited by: SameBrian ]

Annorax

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 25 January 2004, 23:07 »
quote:
Gee with that attitude you are sure to attract everyone who uses Microsoft products to your side...obviously I missed the "yell at everyone and they will think that you are right" approach to everything.

I was simply saying that I don't appreciate something that I put a lot of research into and spent a lot of money on a second-rate piece of crap. I mean, in my opinion, XBox has better graphics and games, an internal HD for storing savegames (heaven for game renters), a centralized online gaming network, so if a company doesn't support a game anymore, Microsoft still can, and it looks a hundred times better than the PS2. What more could you want?

*edit* btw preacher from your first post...why should I go join a XBox forum? I thought the whole point of having a forum here was so people could discuss things...you know...like...umm..at a forum...if I disagree with what people say about PS2 being better than XBox, then as a registered user here I have a right to say so. I mean, people can take away that right, and I have to respect that, but while I have the right, I can disagree with whatever I damn well please.

The Xbox does not look a hundred times better than the PS2. I don't know why you'd think that. There have to be a million things that look better than a black-and-green plastic turd with an X on it. And while M$ could in theory support an abandoned game... why would they do that when they could make more money by simply making a sequel and killing support for the abandonware game?

M$ cares for its customers even less than I care for the spammers that flood my email accounts every day. Why do you think you're any different from the next drone?

[ January 25, 2004: Message edited by: Annorax: Temporal Refugee ]

preacher

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: 26 January 2004, 18:42 »
quote:

You are still missing my point. This isn't the "Microsoft Products are OK" forums. These are the FUCK MICROSOFT forums. We don't like microsoft products here. That is the whole point. I don't care if you paid for them or not, we don't like them. By the way, do you use Windows? Windows is an overpriced PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!
Kansas City Hustle

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #14 on: 28 January 2004, 19:10 »
Congratulations SameBrian, finally someone has come to this board with some balls, and an opinion.

Woo.