Author Topic: X-Box emulation  (Read 1224 times)

caustic

• Kudos: 0
X-Box emulation
« on: 24 March 2002, 22:18 »
Since the Xbox is basically a low end pc, what do you think are the chances of seeing xbox emulation any time soon?

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
X-Box emulation
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2002, 04:23 »
they dont have an emulator for x-box yet???
they probly will soon.

quote:
   Sorry! We have flood-control activated. You cannot post within a certain number of seconds of your last post. Please try again
    after this period of time elapses. The current number of seconds required between posts is: 60  

hmmmmmmm, does seeing this make me a troll?
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

ash

• http://www.colonelteddy.cjb.net
X-Box emulation
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2002, 15:03 »
Not good, I think.  yes, it is a low end pc, but its games are purpose built for it. there is a veritable shitload of piracy prevention etc built into it, and afaik, the dvd-games are actually made to spin backwards.

There isnt one yet, and there wont be one for a while, imho.
Twenty dollars? Oh, I wanted a peanut.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
X-Box emulation
« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2002, 16:44 »
quote:
Originally posted by colonelteddy:
Not good, I think.  yes, it is a low end pc, but its games are purpose built for it. there is a veritable shitload of piracy prevention etc built into it, and afaik, the dvd-games are actually made to spin backwards.

There isnt one yet, and there wont be one for a while, imho.

It will come guys, it will come. They once said the PSX was un-emulatable as well as the AMIGA. M$ dosn't realize yet that when people want something they get their way.

The open source comunity, hakers, and emulation people all know that with enugh perseverance they can be just as good as any software company, that's why M$ is dieing to shut the internet down (figuratively speaking of cource.)
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Tux

X-Box emulation
« Reply #4 on: 26 March 2002, 17:23 »
who care's...i got both a xflopz and ps2, all i play on my xflopz is halo witch isint that good to begin with...I say go but the ps2 its worth every penny. Besides that it isint made my m$

Mojo

X-Box emulation
« Reply #5 on: 30 March 2002, 04:18 »
Piracy protection? Come on - CDilla, DeCSS (remember?)- it wont take long for the underground cracking community to crack it to bits.

Xbox: its a celeron with an nvidia gfx core - emulatable (beffy graphics requirements - possible graphics wrapper)
Ps2: Difficult - Its been out ages with not even a sign of a ps2 emu (lots of hoaxes though) - which tells me - No.