Author Topic: The Console  (Read 4421 times)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
The Console
« Reply #30 on: 23 December 2002, 14:48 »
and nestle beat microsoft hands down. i wonder if there's a fucknestle.com...
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Faust

• Kudos: 0
The Console
« Reply #31 on: 23 December 2002, 15:33 »
fucknestle.com appears to be an anarchy / conspiracy nut site...
Yesterday it worked
Today it is not working
Windows is like that
 -- http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/error-haiku.html

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
The Console
« Reply #32 on: 24 December 2002, 08:52 »
catridges kick ass, not only do they meet the requirment of being hard to pirate/*sure as hell wasn't you that made roms of games was it, and if it was damn, you have skillz*/ but they load fast, and have bonerific bandwidth
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!

SpeeDFreaK

• Kudos: 109
The Console
« Reply #33 on: 28 December 2002, 08:55 »
Macman, maybe something like the iSphere? Or just have them develop for gamecube. It runs on a modded ~400mHz PPC proc. And cartridge-based systems rock! Has anyone here played Top Gear 2 or 3000 on the SNES? Those were probably the best games kemco made.
"George Bush says 'we are losing the war on drugs'. Well you know what that implies? There's a war going on, and people on drugs are winning it! Well what does that tell you about drugs? Some smart, creative motherfuckers on that side."  --Bill Hicks

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
The Console
« Reply #34 on: 28 December 2002, 18:59 »
No apple use Generic names like mine.

It would be
iGameConsole

or

iGamer

or

iCrap

somthing anyway.

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
The Console
« Reply #35 on: 28 December 2002, 20:41 »
But at least a variety of colors wouldn't be a selling point for some people. The Gamcube already has the covered.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
The Console
« Reply #36 on: 29 December 2002, 14:56 »
Amiga should make a console and call it: CommodoreOne Lite edition (make modern games avaible for the console, make the CommodoreOne easyer, add a DVD drive, etc.)

solo

• Kudos: 1
    • http://www.komodolinux.org/
The Console
« Reply #37 on: 30 December 2002, 13:26 »
ok as i have been doing im gonna add a nice long explanation at my opinion. DAMMIT why do i do this?

Ok, I love ps2, because it's got so damn many games, the graphics are very good, the thing will NEVER overheat, and it's very durable. BUT, I vote for the gamecube. First of all, you PSX people were retarded in saying that PSX graphics speed and overall quality surpassed that of the N64. That is just bullshit! However it's very hard to program on a console that requires proprietary cartridges, so a lot of developers did psx, plus the contracts and stuff etc. just looking at psx games in comparison to even the now outdated N64 graphics is just horribly disturbing. It basically looks like grayish (sometimes colorful) dots moving around. And yes i am looking at the TV not the playstation.

But anyway back to the present day. I am loyal to nintendo first of all, but there are a great many other reasons that i choose the cube.

graphically superior
First and foremost when rating the actual console is it's graphics... in the specs, gamecube outperforms the ps2, but is second to xbox well thats fine because a lot of the power that xbox has is very difficult to display on a 640x480 monitor (ALL standard televisions are) That is, you won't see the actual quality and you certainly wont see all those 125 million polygons whirring past your head. My friend who debates on this constantly repeated 'get a higher resolution tv then' which, for any of you who may be interested in the technology behind the television, is only possible with something like hdtv! standard tv always uses 640x480 resolution. Yes that's why things get bigger on your tv as you increase the size, instead of you being able to see more. (rofl). With my experience with BOTH the gamecube and the xbox, i cannot tell the difference

gameplay
nintendo is good at making games. period. Nintendo may be a family oriented company that isn't big on blood and guts but the games are ALWAYS superior! for instance, everyone i know that has played Metroid Prime say it is the best game they have ever seen. I agree. The intuitiveness of the gameplay is just plain astounding!

minimalist
microsoft doesnt sell quality or speed or high resolution, or stability or security god dammit they sell features. That (and bill gates commercial genius) is why Windows is still alive and hasnt been thoroughly rampaged by MacOS, linux and other alternatives. What is a game console supposed to do microsoft? It's supposed to play games, and ps2 and gamecube do that very very very well thank you, but xbox seems to do more than i want it to. Although the hard drive etc is very useful it's a waste of money, it's something that should come as an addon later not something that should be included in the console. and if you want a computer, head to your favority oem's site and punch in that credit card. game consoles arent here for use as a computer.

metroid prime in itself
the most well thought out game in history.

looking at the alternatives
-xbox, made by my worst enemy.... nah.
-ps2, hmm, sony... nah

size/price (with a capital p)
gamecube is small, and costs 150 bucks. it started at 200. xbox is HUGE and costs 200-250 bucks. it started at 300. hmm, now don't get me wrong but when you take off around 70 bucks from xbox for the extra ethernet and hdd you get $230, still thirty dollars more than gamecube, which is the graphics improvements that as i mentioned YOU CANT EVEN SEE ON A TV... hmm. im sure there is other hardware in the xbox but i dont really care i am very tired.

FUCK MICROSOFT... AND IT's XBOX... And yes, it's personal.
Komodoware, moving Linux to your desktop.
http://www.komodoware.com/

theangelofdeath69

• http://www.kaltemartech.com/
The Console
« Reply #38 on: 28 April 2003, 17:04 »
Yes, fett, it reminds me of a 404 not found too.

And X11... YOU WANT AN XBOX?!?!?!

Agreed, fuck the RIAA.  Here in New Zealand we have to deal with the RIANZ instead, and they're a pack of wankers.

And don't even start with the sheep jokes you bloody aussies...
Specifications are for the weak and timid!
You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!
Indentation?! - I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!
What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.
Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment on his code!
Klingon software does NOT have BUGS. It has FEATURES, and those features are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand.
You cannot truly appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the original Klingon.
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!

GamerX

The Console
« Reply #39 on: 3 May 2003, 23:24 »
PS2 is my favorite console out of the current three. It has the games I like to play. GameCube is lacking. It still has the ice cream, but no toppings, if you get what I mean. Xbox is crap. I prefer PC games on my PC, thank you very much. Seriously, if you've played Unreal Tornament 2K3 on PC and then Unreal Championship on Xbox, you know what I'm talking about. Morrowind on PC is a masterpeice, on Xbox it is torture. Where's the mods? Or the patches? Or the good controls? Or the editor? They're not on the Xbox.
When will Betheseda get it? Console RPG's are made for consoles and Computer RPG's are made for computers.
Please fuck  Microsoft hard.
The harder you fuck them, the less they will screw you.

Fett101

• VIP
The Console
« Reply #40 on: 4 May 2003, 02:29 »
pardon me for clearing webspace by deleting pictures used in threads ages old.

bling

The Console
« Reply #41 on: 4 May 2003, 04:06 »
quote:
Originally posted by Xyle: Mac Commando:
i stand by nintendo. i am not going to get into why i think nintendo is better, or why sony sucks, none of that. i like all consoles (except of course, xbox), i just like nintendo more. i look forward to what they bring out in the next few years.

Word. I got a Gamecube and I don't see a thing wrong with it. It loads in 2 seconds versus instant, but like I care. What I hated was that my carts always got dust/bent prongs and stuff. Plus they're more expensive.

Oh and GamerX, what is GC "lacking" (besides NASCAR racing games and a myriad of Turn Based RPGs with girl-armed dudes). I dare you to go play SSBM, The Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, and SMS (even though its not as good as Mario 64, its still good!) and say that again. Plus we are getting a new Mario Kart (with network play, mind you), F-Zero, and Metroid Prime 2. Booyaah

[ May 03, 2003: Message edited by: Windows XP Hater #2874586 ]

Under Construction

GamerX

The Console
« Reply #42 on: 6 May 2003, 03:28 »
First of all, it is my personal opinion that Metroid Prime is terrible and that Zelda:The Wind Waker is the best Zelda yet. SSBM is a great game, but SMS pales in comparison to Ratchet & Clank. GameCube is lacking RPGs and platformers (my two favorite genres). I still like it, but PS2 is better.
Please fuck  Microsoft hard.
The harder you fuck them, the less they will screw you.

slave

• http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
The Console
« Reply #43 on: 6 May 2003, 03:37 »
I'd rather get an XBOX than a PS2, at least the 'box has faster hardware and has some decent PC ports like Morrowind.  All I see on the PS2 are some generic racing games and umpteen unoriginal turn-based RPGS.

Fett101

• VIP
The Console
« Reply #44 on: 6 May 2003, 07:38 »
quote:
Originally posted by GamerX:
First of all, it is my personal opinion that Metroid Prime is terrible

*dies*