Author Topic: Yet another M$ loss!  (Read 1172 times)

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Yet another M$ loss!
« on: 4 November 2002, 02:01 »
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

pkd_lives

• Kudos: 0
Yet another M$ loss!
« Reply #1 on: 4 November 2002, 02:37 »
The will of the masses will outweigh the will of the rich to deprive them of their right to be free.

Long live El Sistema operativo libre de Extremadura.

It shows that the age old battle is still being fought, the downtrodden want to rise above their given lot, they want the freedom to try. Just because an organisation with money and power can control them, does not mean that they have the right to control them. This is an elemental truth of freedom, if you ever achieve a position of control you must render it useless, or you only have tyranny.

Whinning about International Trade agreements, whilst you break the laws of free trade yourself, will put you before the eyes of the world as hippocritical, and so you shall suffer as those people refuse your attempts to control them. Software is like language it's become too important to be under anyones control, Microsoft did not invent it, and it only produces a small amount of it - Microsoft have not even earn't the right of innovative companies to claim such control of anything. I smite you by not using your software.

Edit : Punctuation.

[ November 03, 2002: Message edited by: pkd ]

Tough - Adapt or die : Read The Fucking Manual.

Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under.

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
Yet another M$ loss!
« Reply #2 on: 4 November 2002, 02:59 »
A big BRAVO to them! It is brave initiatives like these ones that will some day dethrone M$!

VIVA ESPANA!  

RudeCat7

• Kudos: 109
Yet another M$ loss!
« Reply #3 on: 4 November 2002, 03:19 »
quote:
"Consider that there's a lot more to the total cost and value of a product than the initial offering somebody might give you," Smith said. For instance, it is often expensive to find support services for free software, whereas such help comes bundled with the purchase of Windows.  

...And such help is provided to anybody who purchases a registered copy of Linux!!!...these people are so full of shit!!! how can these people sleep at night knowing they are such microsoft whores!

quote:
And companies like Microsoft have a vested interest in updating their products; that's not necessarily so with free software.

Their only interest is to deactivate the "devil's own" with their SpyPack1

quote:
 AS TO ANY DEFECTS DISCOVERED AFTER THE NINETY (90) DAY PERIOD, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND.

I hate it when m$ pimps talk about the microsoft warranty as if it was worth anything.   :mad:

[ November 03, 2002: Message edited by: RudeCat8.0 ]

*meow!* I didn't say Linux was easier, I said it was better, Dumbass!

rtgwbmsr

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.akgames.net
Yet another M$ loss!
« Reply #4 on: 4 November 2002, 03:30 »

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
Yet another M$ loss!
« Reply #5 on: 4 November 2002, 03:49 »
quote:

Consider that there's a lot more to the total cost and value of a product than the initial offering somebody might give you," Smith said. For instance, it is often expensive to find support services for free software, whereas such help comes bundled with the purchase of Windows.

WTF???? I missed that quote when I read the article or I would have said something. Since when are "Support Services" bundled with Windows?  That's an HUGE laugh! How many people do you know that have had Windows problems call Microsoft? Or don't they normally just call *you* because you are cheap (and a relative)?

You get *much* more in the way of support with Linux: Free upgrades. You can contact the software engineers directly at no cost and get a patch if you find a problem. There are great forums like this one. Since when can you get support from Microsoft without entering a credit card number? Knowlege base? Every Linux vendor has one of those, and there is TLDP on top of that. Most Linux distros come with an entire CD full of documentation.

In fact if you purchase RedHat you get phone support. If you pay for the more expensive version you get more support for a longer period if you need help directly from RedHat, most people don't because they know how to read and get help from us cheap (free) on forums like this.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...