Author Topic: Serious question for WIN advocates  (Read 2800 times)

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
Serious question for WIN advocates
« Reply #75 on: 24 August 2002, 04:08 »
quote:
Originally posted by www.unixsucks.com:
I know it always end up like that. Bunch of personal insults about my English, my personal views etc.
Go fuck yourself, at least I know 2 languages.

And i only made one point about your spelling/grammar, the rest of what i said was in reply to your insults of me, thank you very much.
Contains scenes of mild peril.

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
« Reply #76 on: 24 August 2002, 05:57 »
quote:
Ok, let me reprase the question.
Say you have a daughter (not sure if you have or not) and you have choice if she would get married to white or black guy. Will it make "any difference" to you? I mean "any" at all?

Well, let me tell you a little story. My sister married a black man. They are both attorneys. This guy is 100 times better than any of the loser white boys she had previously dated. They have two great kids and things couldn't be better.  Now, what do you think?  NO, it wouldn't matter dumb shit!  You are one superficial dude, now I see why you like Windows so much.  You only see things on the surface.  Don't know anything about what's on the inside.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
« Reply #77 on: 24 August 2002, 06:13 »
alright, unixsucks, you are an asshole, im white and my girlfriend is black. i stoped thinking about people as white, black, hispanic, chinese, i see them as human beings, somthing you can't obviosly do. and what will probably bother you more is that some of my friends are jewish, does that make them less of a person to me, NO. FUCK OFF AND DIE.

and about my girlfriend, the only thing my parents are concerned about, are ASSHOLES LIKE YOU.
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!

voidmain

• VIP
« Reply #78 on: 24 August 2002, 06:28 »
Do you suppose he was raised that way in his home country or did he learn this racist behavior in TX?  It's a sad world.

creedon

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #79 on: 24 August 2002, 06:34 »
Like I said before, you almost have to feel sorry for him, but he is his own creation.  Maybe some day he'll get a clue.
I'm SERIOUS about Linux; are you??

choasforages

• VIP
« Reply #80 on: 24 August 2002, 06:38 »
feel sorry?, ill feel sorry for the paramedics thatal have to put his ass back together

voidmain

• VIP
« Reply #81 on: 24 August 2002, 06:40 »
The odd thing is, I think I might know him. I wonder if he has been in Dallas for the entire 3 years in country or if he moved to Dallas within the last year from another major US city? There are a few things that make me wonder. If he moved there within the last year then I'll have some more questions. unixhater?

choasforages

• VIP
« Reply #82 on: 24 August 2002, 06:48 »
then i feel sorry for you voidmain.

voidmain

• VIP
« Reply #83 on: 24 August 2002, 06:54 »
Well, it would be a little suprising because if it is the guy I knew he was fairly quiet.  But he still wasn't great with English.  The guy I knew I believe was actually from the Ukraine, not Russia (however, unixhater never said he was from Russia, just that Russian was his first language). He did only know Windows and did not know UNIX, he was only in country for about the time mentioned, and was/is not a US citizen. I believe he was only here on a work visa.  

He could very possibly have moved to Dallas relating to a change in the Company I worked for (I made several trips back and forth to Dallas myself).  Too many coincidences...  If any of these pan out I'll mention his first name and see if we get a match.  Then I'll contact my buddies in Dallas and they can handle it from there.    

[ August 23, 2002: Message edited by: VoidMain ]

smokey

« Reply #84 on: 24 August 2002, 07:29 »
Do you have something against Australians?

quote:
... Can you imagine yourself going to say Australia and accomlishing something withing 3 years which most Austrailains failed to accomplish for all their lives? ...

Do you have any proof that would make anybody, with an IQ in more than single digits, use windows as a server.

Point 1)
If TCO is important compare this data.

In this (hypothetical) situation you need a server solution for 500 workstations. For PC hardware I will look at Dell and I will also look at the Apple solution XServe. The server will perform a variety of tasks from being a mail server for all the workstations and also serve web pages with dynamic content (PHP/ASP/Perl).

The PC hardware:
Dell PowerEdge Tower 4600
- 2X INTEL(R) P4 XEON(TM) PROCESSOR 1800MHZ
- Integrated 10/100/1000 network
- Integrated 10/100 network
- Dual chanel ultra160 scsi
- 512mb RDRAM
- 18GB Ultrawide 160mb/sec HDD

Cost $8,899 AUD

The Mac hardware:
Apple XServe
- Dual 1GHz G4
- 512mb DDR SDRAM
- 60Gig UltraATA133 Drive
- 10/100/1000mbit Ethernet card
- ATI Graphics card

Cost $8,995 AUD

Windows
-------
Microsoft provided limited information but I managed to conclude that for 500 workstations you would need to spend nearly $80,000 in licensing fees for a 500 client license.

Windows solution without mail = approx. $80,000 USD
Windows solution with mail = approx. $114199 USD

Linux
-----
Since Linux is free and can have as many clients as you can connect. Linux comes with Apache and mail server software leaving this out of the TCO. Open source is proven reliable and is a significantly better alternative than Microsoft's high cost low return solutions.

Apple XServe
------------
The Apple XServe is a nice rack mount server that has an unlimited client license. The OS is very reliable and has a low TCO compared to windows. Free open source mail server software can be aquired and Apache comes with the XServe out of the box. This is a great server and, while slightly more expensive than the Linux solution, is slightly better value - as OS X server is of more value than linux.

As you can see the Apple XServe and Linux Dell box are the clear winners. Microsoft's harsh licensing scheme (soon to change for the worse) is not good for anyone.

Point 2)
If you think portability is important - then why support the biggest mutilator of standards. Microsoft has single handedly changed standards to create enormous levels of incompatibilty. Two examples are Microsoft Java Virtual Machine - a "Microsoftified" version of the Sun Java Virtual Machine and IE HTML - which only works properly on Microsoft produts. I could go on for hours about how many standards have been broken by Microsoft but http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=Microsoft+standards+%2Bsun should be all you need.

Point 3)
If you want to win over people to any side the worst way to do it is to go in and say whatever they like sucks. Your online name doesn't prove anything but your underlying want do disrupt this forum with pro Microsoft messages. This is trolling and is unwanted anywhere and will get you nowhere fast.

I think I will leave it here but please consider that you are, in fact, wrong - not us.
//this is how I was born :)

cat /dev/urandom > /dev/mybrain

Tip for win98 (l)users: type copy /con/con in your command prompt to increase stability

1mck

« Reply #85 on: 24 August 2002, 07:29 »
It seems to me that the www.unixsucks.com "is" an actual Microsoft employee, and he/she/it is just fishing for information that you are readily providing to he/she/it. If memory serves, "Ford" used to have his people go out to all of the junk yards, and find out which parts broke down the most, and then of course they would make sure that those parts "would" break down continually after that. Microsoft does exactly the same thing to keep their company thriving (Constant Problems, and Updates). For example, I purchased a computer with Windoze 98 SE already installed, and of course I had to reformat my hard drive one fine day due to a problem with Windows, and after 3 days of trying in vain to get it to reformat, I contacted an experienced friend of mine, and he told me that I needed the Windows 98 SE disk. I freaked, and said that I "did" have it, and that everything came with my computer...."Right?????" "WRONG!!!!!!" The disk that I had was an "Upgrade Disk!!!!!!!!!!!!" So, my friend brought over his disk, and helped me to reformat my computer. What a piss off, and soooo typical of Microsoft! This www.unixsucks.com person is trying to find out as much information about why/how their product is inferior, and will use that information against the entire Linux community. The moment that you discover that any person is continually pumping for more, and more information, even though the questions have been answered, then just don't respond anymore. I will soon be Microsoft free, and you know what? I'll be very, very glad to be rid of this buggy, blue screen of death OS!

Chooco

« Reply #86 on: 26 August 2002, 16:01 »
quote:
at least I know 2 languages.

heck that's nothin! i know 4 languages:
English
C++
PHP
HTML    

if xp luser really is a spy then why would it even matter? Microsoft KNOWS about these problems such as the brutal prices that no company should be forced to hand out, it would probably be cheaper to just get Linux and have a large training program to get the employees familiar with Linux.
when Windows2000 was going to be released, one of the lead programmers actually said that they were not finished making the product but still it was rushed onto stores as fast as they could get it....typical isn't it.

[ August 26, 2002: Message edited by: Chooco ]

smokey

« Reply #87 on: 26 August 2002, 16:11 »
well I know
C++
openscript (i think thats what its called. we have to use it in school - the other evil called toolbook)
Basic/Vbasic (yeah I know - its shit but I know it)
HTML
some Perl
English
and a language that has two words and this language is dedicated for use on microsoff advocates. these words are off and fuck but not necessarily used in that order  :D
//this is how I was born :)

cat /dev/urandom > /dev/mybrain

Tip for win98 (l)users: type copy /con/con in your command prompt to increase stability