Author Topic: Do you see a pattern here? IBM rings a bell maybe?  (Read 1131 times)

Bazoukas

• Kudos: 140
    • http://whitehouse.com
IBM back on its days: "Oh you dont need a beter wrtiten software,or good tech support, you need to buy our NEW biger more POWERFULL computers, oh yeah they cost an arm and a leg".

Soon enough IBM from leader almost hit bottom.

M$: "Oh you dont need good tech support, or a product that comes out of the factory TESTED and nearly bug free with no major security risks, or prices that wont drown your pocket if you are a medium-small company or a home user. YOU NEED TO BUY OUR NEW PRODUCT and scrap the old one. Oh by the way...you know about the activation key and all the spyware right? If no..pretend you didnt hear me saying it."

I guess you always become your father, that you hated so much on your younger days.

Instant karma anyone?
Yeah

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Do you see a pattern here? IBM rings a bell maybe?
« Reply #1 on: 8 March 2002, 10:44 »
Totaly! Big Blue applyes more to M$ than it ever did to IBM.

Can't wait till they colapse under their own weight. It's like a school of pirannah, they get to crowded, they start eating each other.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #2 on: 8 March 2002, 13:24 »
the average punter knew there were alternative hardware choices available to them.

the average punter thinks windows is the only operating system available(if they know what an operating system is at all).

It seems that M$ has learned from IBM's mistakes. If IBM and M$ are so similar, why isn't OS/2 the OS of choice? (rhetorical, for all you people that think it was the 'ease of use' issue)
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Bazoukas

• Kudos: 140
    • http://whitehouse.com
« Reply #3 on: 8 March 2002, 20:49 »
if you see in my post am talking about medium to small companys when was talking for IBM. Not the average user.Same with M$.
 I am not talking about their product per se, am talking about their methods when it comes to marketing and all that.
Yeah

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #4 on: 11 March 2002, 14:32 »
well i totally agree with you that far.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism