Author Topic: What a bunch of mo-rons...  (Read 973 times)

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

rtgwbmsr

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.akgames.net
What a bunch of mo-rons...
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2003, 02:13 »
Is there anything about Plus DME that they didn't fuck up?!

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2003, 02:35 »
Let
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2003, 03:15 »
stupid microsoft. i guess you are going to have buy another license for you windoesXP because they are complete fucking morons, just so you can install some more spyware, whcih will crash soon, because of vulnerabilities and poor code, letting someone write something fun that erases your entire harddrive, only to have you try to reinstall it to find out that you need yet another license from microsoft......and again and again...

cocoamix

« Reply #4 on: 16 January 2003, 04:51 »
quote:
Originally posted by cahult:
Let

RudeCat7

• Kudos: 109
« Reply #5 on: 16 January 2003, 06:33 »
This idiocy will continue for quite a while. Some people will never get it, period. Just be glad that you guys have seen the light and don't have to waste your money on that M$ garbage.

Now, most of my spare cash goes to maintain my nitro-powered r/c car......sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!
*meow!* I didn't say Linux was easier, I said it was better, Dumbass!

SAJChurchey

• http://sajchurchey.htmlplanet.com
« Reply #6 on: 16 January 2003, 06:41 »
That's hillarious.  People have spent money on software they can't install, and M$ doesn't even know how to fix it yet.  If i used that crap, i'd be pissed.

God M$ sucks if they don't even try to install their own software before shipping it.
SAJChurchey                    

voidmain

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: 16 January 2003, 07:03 »
quote:
Originally posted by Black & White Cat:
Now, most of my spare cash goes to maintain my nitro-powered r/c car......sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

Hey, my son has a TMAXX that I bought for him a couple of years back. It's a cool machine. Gets expensive replacing all those parts he keeps bustin' off though.  

Bazoukas

• Kudos: 140
    • http://whitehouse.com
« Reply #8 on: 16 January 2003, 07:34 »
quote:
As I said in another post, we're actively trying to find out what's causing this issue. One potential problem is that the registry permissions on the machine are not valid and we cannot write to the registry keys we expect." So he proposes a registry hack as a possible workaround.  

LOL
Yeah

RudeCat7

« Reply #9 on: 16 January 2003, 08:21 »
quote:
Hey, my son has a TMAXX that I bought for him a couple of years back. It's a cool machine. Gets expensive replacing all those parts he keeps bustin' off though.

Cool! T-maxx's are very popular, but I went with an Associated RC10 GT, and yes, bashing can get expensive, but damn it's fun!!!   :D  

edit:
p.s- I crashed Monday, so it's broke right now.  :D

[ January 15, 2003: Message edited by: Black & White Cat ]

RudeCat7

« Reply #10 on: 16 January 2003, 08:30 »
I just can't believe the morons that are like...

"...oh please, when can WE get Plus! DME? I can't live without more bloat in windows!..."  :rolleyes:

voidmain

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: 16 January 2003, 08:41 »
quote:
Originally posted by Black & White Cat:

Cool! T-maxx's are very popular, but I went with an Associated RC10 GT, and yes, bashing can get expensive, but damn it's fun!!!    :D  

edit:
p.s- I crashed Monday, so it's broke right now.   :D  

[ January 15, 2003: Message edited by: Black & White Cat ]

I actually prefer airplanes. You basically only have one thing to crash in to with a plane (the ground). Unfortunately "the ground" is a much bigger object than most other objects so it's easier to hit. I had my first crash about 2 months back. It was my first one ever in over two years of flying. Luckily I have 5 more planes, but that one was the one I flew the most. I was practicing tail spins and I got distracted watching another plane in the area and before I new it I didn't have enough room to get it out of the spin. Just as it came out of the spin the ground came up and ran into it really fast. Many many small pieces.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #12 on: 16 January 2003, 13:04 »
quote:
Other users report an installation failure with "Error 2700." Numerous problems with DME are reported here, but the activation failure is pretty common, and Microsoft's techies concede it's a problem they don't yet have a fix for.
you might expect this from some software that people had thrown together in their spare time and who had no incentive to fix bugs, but when you're paying a company to fix the bugs and it's their job then this is not acceptable... except that this is so normal that people do accept and actually expect it from microsoft! the reason people don't switch away from microsoft en masse is purely down to the fact that they are still a monopoly in people's minds. Oh and it's funny how people bugfixing in their spare time seem to fix bugs faster than microsoft, isn't it?

quote:
Plus! DME is currently only available as an online purchase, although it will be out on CD shortly, and it can also currently only be purchased with a US credit card. But Microsoft goofed with the rollout promotion, and forgot to mention to signers up that it was only valid in the USA.
wait - they're still selling this piece of nonfunctional junk EVEN THOUGH they don't know how to make it work??? and people are BUYING it?????????///forwardslashforwardslash

RIfuckingDICULOUS!

a microsoft spokesman seriously tells people to hack their registry to fool the product activation??? doesn't that violate the EULA you agreed to when you handed over your credit card details and date of birth? and isn't it impossible anyway seeing as how microsoft's systems are so secure and impenetrable and all that...

[ January 16, 2003: Message edited by: Calum ]

visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Doctor V

« Reply #13 on: 16 January 2003, 17:54 »
I've come to expect this kind of thing from M$.  Using M$ products really is a hazzard.

avello500

• http://www.suicidaltendencies.com/
« Reply #14 on: 18 January 2003, 03:17 »
im surprised it doesnt automatically call the cops telling them your a pirate and need to be jailed
How can you say im crazy? You wouldnt know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch.  -- mike muir/suicidal tendencies