Author Topic: AARGH! /me wants to destroy valve  (Read 494 times)

Interscope

• Kudos: 0
AARGH! /me wants to destroy valve
« on: 29 September 2002, 20:07 »
Most of you probably heard the whine "coontir striak dusnt wurk on linooks so linooks suks"
by wind0ze gamers. With coontir striak I mean Counter-Strike.

Anyway, it does work on WineX. But here comes the evil part. The creators of Counter-Strike are employed by Valve(it once was an independant modification for Valve's game Half-Life) Counter-Strike suffered by a huge plague of cheats, thus leading to Valve making a nifty little program called, how original, Valve Anti Cheat, VAC.

Now, whats the point of that whole story? Well... VAC detects Counter-Strike on WineX as a cheat. Yes, you heard it, A CHEAT!

I play alot of Counter-Strike on the family comp(I still live at my folks) and this pisses me off.

Oh, well... Guess Unreal Tournament 2003 is the only hope for the Linux Gaming Community... And of course Wine(X).

VALVE MUST DIE!
VALVE MUST DIE!
VALVE MUST DIE!
VALVE MUST DIE!
VALVE MUST DIE!
VALVE MUST DIE!
VALVE MUST DIE!
Free it, goddamnit!

Computer security is very much like home security - you can take as many security precautions as you like but if you leave windows open, sooner or later you'll get broken into. - (Calum 2003)

Interscope

• Kudos: 0
AARGH! /me wants to destroy valve
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2002, 21:14 »
1. Allready know that. I'm a hardcore UT fan. One of the main reasons are that it works on Linux, nativly!
2. Yes, but valve made it harder by detecting the usage of native dlls(Dlls that arent included in the original Half-Life/Counter-Strike package, for all you idiots out there) as a cheat. New versions of OGC(A widely used cheat) have tried to get around this but were blocked the day after they were released.
Free it, goddamnit!

Computer security is very much like home security - you can take as many security precautions as you like but if you leave windows open, sooner or later you'll get broken into. - (Calum 2003)