Author Topic: Gates donates to charity? Bullshit!  (Read 1693 times)

trevorms27

• Kudos: 0
Gates donates to charity? Bullshit!
« on: 21 October 2002, 04:58 »
It SEEMS like Bill Gates donates to charity, but he definately doesn't! Yes, he gave money to local librarys to buy computers, but then ripped them off by selling Micro$lut for 2 times the usual cost! And he DOES doante to a charity company.... his own! He never gave a penny he didn't get back until the anti-trust cases started. Then, he gave a few million out. Recent reports show that M$ hasn't used its own money to make updates, it took the cash from the charity! One day, I found a site that "supported" Bill Gates' charity. But they told the truth! I clicked on the link and it brought me to a "Donate to MicroSoft" page, not a "Donate to Charity" page.

[ October 23, 2002: Message edited by: XiLe ]

rtgwbmsr

• VIP
    • http://www.akgames.net
« Reply #1 on: 21 October 2002, 05:31 »
2 things:

1) Take your e-mail addy off. We can use the e-mail link rather than having your e-mail addy picked up by a spam bot.

2) He donates shitty, out dated computers with even shittier outdated OSes on them just to boost market share!

Stryker

• VIP
  • Kudos: 41
« Reply #2 on: 21 October 2002, 07:44 »
quote:
Originally posted by XiLe:
It SEEMS like Bill Gates donates to charity, but he definately doesn't! Yes, he gave money to local librarys to buy computers, but then ripped them off by selling Micro$lut for 2 times the usual cost! And he DOES doante to a charity company.... his own! He never gave a penny he didn't get back until the anti-trust cases started. Then, he gave a few million out. Recent reports show that M$ hasn't used its own money to make updates, it took the cash from the charity! One day, I found a site that "supported" Bill Gates' charity. But they told the truth! I clicked on the link and it brought me to a "Donate to MicroSoft" page, not a "Donate to Charity" page. If you want more proof that Gates is a greedy bitch, just email me at   [email protected]   and I'll send you some more.

-----------------
XiLe
  "Windows is Linux with graphics on top of it and a bunch of spyware shit in there" - Joshua Waggoner

First, I believe that last part belongs in the signature section. But I agree with you. Gates has given my school $2 mil i believe, but that's after they make the school twice as big, and split it into 6 seperate "acadamies". Some of it will be used for grants, but i'm not planning to go to a 2 year public college. i was thinking 8 years at RIT. And of course our school district has well over $80,000 of microsoft software. i wouldn't be surprised if we reached as high as $150,000.

Some info can be found on my school's website. http://schools.mukilteo.wednet.edu/ma/academy/index.html but not much is explained in there.

Crunchy(Cracked)Butter

• Kudos: 125
« Reply #3 on: 21 October 2002, 13:48 »
Didn't billyg donate like $150 million to an AIDS foundation along with his wife?  as far as a i know that the most anybody has given to them and it was a real donation as well.

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2002, 20:18 »
The question is "when did he donate any such money?" I think it would be far more apporpriate if he donated at least half of his money into creating Windows rehab centers. Sorta like gambling boats have to donate to gamblers anonomous.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2002, 20:24 »
quote:
Originally posted by XiLe:
It SEEMS like Bill Gates donates to charity, but he definately doesn't! Yes, he gave money to local librarys to buy computers, but then ripped them off by selling Micro$lut for 2 times the usual cost! And he DOES doante to a charity company.... his own! He never gave a penny he didn't get back until the anti-trust cases started. Then, he gave a few million out. Recent reports show that M$ hasn't used its own money to make updates, it took the cash from the charity! One day, I found a site that "supported" Bill Gates' charity. But they told the truth! I clicked on the link and it brought me to a "Donate to MicroSoft" page, not a "Donate to Charity" page. If you want more proof that Gates is a greedy bitch, just email me at    [email protected]    and I'll send you some more.

-----------------
XiLe
  "Windows is Linux with graphics on top of it and a bunch of spyware shit in there" - Joshua Waggoner

Ummm, You really should post URL's to the news content in your post. I'm not going to send you a fucking E-Mail. Who's to say you don't sale peoples' E-Mail addresses to spammers? This kind of a post really looks like it could be a potential setup for you to make money at other peoples' expense.   :rolleyes:

[ October 21, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

trevorms27

« Reply #6 on: 24 October 2002, 01:39 »
I agree with you, void man. And, Crunchy(Cracked) Butter, Gates has started donating what seems like nothing to him. But why? Something I've noticed is that ever since the anti-trust committee started watchign him, he made donations. The_Muffin_Man/B0b, I disagree with you about his donations. Bill Gates donated brand new Gateways with XP Home on them to my school, about 75 in total. But the catch was, for every person in the school that was to use the computers that year, the school had to pay a small "fee" to Microsoft. That year, the school's air conditioning was turned off because of electric bills. We also had rolling brownouts throughout the building to safe money. We also received an offer from M$ to upgrade student's computers to xp home or pro for a small charge of $250, shortly afterwards. Nowadays, we don't stop getting notices offering to get warranties and upgrads and all that shit... Bill Gates has ruined my school, and I'm sure he'll go after many other schools, too.