Author Topic: Microsoft says they will crush linux!  (Read 722 times)

bwid_s_01

• Kudos: 0
Microsoft says they will crush linux!
« on: 28 July 2003, 20:31 »
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=74&ncid=738&e=9&u=/cmp/20030728/tc_cmp/12803252

Nothing more than pointless Linux bashing and promoting of new buggy and bloaty software in my opinion.

suselinux

• Kudos: 30
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2003, 22:14 »
quote:
Today people are paying Microsoft Office license upgrades north of $300 and $500

Better TCO (total cost of ownership) my ass!

Openoffice is free, even if you could waste a week of work time seting up Openoffice (it only takes about three minutes) you would still spend less money on a pay check than an MS office upgrade.....UPGRADE!

and MS is always saying how the new feature of XML
will change the world because of integration with a database.  Open office does and always has saved all formats to XML by default!

the one good thing is that as long as crossover dosen't get sued you can always run office on linux.

Kinda funny when Liux first came out MS said hmm thats neet, then it got a bigger and stole most of MS's server market and MS said FUD FUD it's too hard it's crap, TCO is too high, retrainig Blah Blah Blah.  Now that Linux is set to fight the desktop war on MS's home turff and win, Bill, Ballmer, and the rest of them are screaming there lungs out with their hands of their crotch so no one can see they've pissed themselves.

mc0282

« Reply #2 on: 29 July 2003, 00:14 »
well what can you do? because microsoft are liers and people are dumb and they believe them. i seen the ADS on tv about windows 2003 server or microsoft prompting them like they're the best thing ever happend.  i swear to on my baby girl if i ever run into any microsoft ceo i will spit on there face and call them liers ...
huh, what?

solarismka

« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2003, 01:15 »
I agree that people arn't the smartest drop in the bucket, but they too know the poor quality of windows.  When I go to meetings I always get questions on linux since they are fedup of their own OS and CAN'T afford the upgrade.

I don't blame them.  I got burned when I bought a copy of WinME when it first came out for an upgrade of my win95 box.  Never Again!

There is a lot of FUD in that artial.  For one when you think about all the bugs/virii and bad tech expensive/support  windows automaticaly costs more

+ you have to upgrade the hardware!  

not to mention on the end of the day the EULA says itself that M$ 0wns!  meaning you are locked in the M$ upgrade cycle and propriotory formats!  So how is that saving the consumer!  It doesn't

its just as one poster has already said.  they'v got their hand on their crotch because they pissed them selves silly!

Since they are talking in such a way it only tells me that windows, microsoft hasn't got much life left.  and that to me is a good thing!    :D
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2003, 10:17 »
quote:
"The competitors aren't good enough for information work," Raikes told attendees at Microsoft's Redmond, Wash., annual conference for financial analysts. "Their offerings aren't cheaper than Office 2003 when they think about the total value equation."
This is, of course, an objective and unbiased opinion.   :rolleyes:  

quote:
Further, the integration of Outlook 2003, Exchange 2003, InfoPath XML e-forms, OneNote digital-ink applications, CRM and Microsoft Business Solutions applications with Office 2003 will add compelling value that forthcoming corporate Linux desktops from Sun and Red Hat simply can't deliver, Raikes said.
Now here's what businesses everywhere really need: tighter integration of Outlook and all the rest of those virus magnets into the "business process".  :eek:   Of course, Raikes says not word one about the security implications of all this "bundling" and "integrating". There being no mention of their having fixed Lookout and Lookout Distress, the latest security holes that've turned up in Server 2003, the very latest DirectX security hole (See: Widespread Windows Hole Uncovered) this plan to "crush Linux" will have every script kiddie in the world rejoicing and licking their chops.  

To quote our Imperious Leader: "Bring 'em on!"   :D  

"There: now you'll never have to look at those dirty Windows anymore"
      --Daffy Duck
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

solarismka

« Reply #5 on: 31 July 2003, 06:36 »
NEWS FLASH FROM M$

We are proud to announce M$ OutLook 2004!!!  With tighter intergration to virii, er features will now install and spread faster than ever before!

Witness the scrippt kiddie, er , M$ Employie 0wning your box, er Helping you out!  :D  

Do Less With More of even Less!  :D
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
« Reply #6 on: 31 July 2003, 07:13 »
Have you seen the ratings at yahoo on this article? Out of 5 this article is at the moment rated 1.89 (27 votes right now)!!!

All those who responded seem to be very hostile toward M
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

HibbeeBoy

« Reply #7 on: 31 July 2003, 21:01 »
quote:
Originally posted by cahult:

"Big deal
by: tobinator_programmer 07/28/03 02:46 pm
Msg: 46 of 110
1 recommendation  

The best choice is to abandon Microsoft and switch to linux. Linux, Unix and AS/400(iseries) are much better equipped to handle all of computing needs in both the industry and home. People don't want to learn LInux, Unix and AS/400 because Microsoft makes it to easy and idiot proof to care about its security. Did anyone hear about Microsoft'$ flaw or about 99% of all alphanumeric passwords in window$ can be cracked in an average of 13.6 seconds. It is time to wake up people. I rest my case"

I have to agree with this guy. iSeries(AS400) is the way to go if you want to get awy from M$.
Democracy, it's like three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.