Author Topic: OMG..what fucking pricks  (Read 1224 times)

bwid_s_01

• Kudos: 0
OMG..what fucking pricks
« on: 24 July 2003, 21:19 »
http://www.vnunet.com/Features/1142524

I swear this article sounds like it was either written by Bill Gates or the two ignorant dicks who wrote it were payed by him. Fucking idiots.

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
OMG..what fucking pricks
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2003, 21:55 »
Bah. Having tried Longhorn, I don't see what's so hot about it. This is just rehash presented as if it's the latest thing.

quote:
The Desktop Composition Engine (DCE) has been written from the ground up to support wide aspect ratio displays.

Apple not only supports, but STANDARDISED on wide aspect ratio displays. And contrarily to Longscorn, Mac OS X is usable on small displays as well.

quote:
This allows for some impressive handling and lets you apply to your application windows the kind of features you'd only find on a skinning site, such as alpha blends. As you might expect, this will be handled by DirectX.

Quartz, anyone?

quote:
in the style of minimised application icons on the dock in Mac OS X,

They actually admit it, and yet manage to pass this as groundbreaking Microsoft innovation.

quote:
This allows DVD distributors to produce self-destructing discs

A waste of ressources, and a considerable source of pollution.

Hey, maybe I should write my own review.

avello500

• http://www.suicidaltendencies.com/
OMG..what fucking pricks
« Reply #2 on: 24 July 2003, 10:43 »
ive researched it. analyzed the data. reviewed the facts before me and came to only one conclusion.
yup they are pricks.
How can you say im crazy? You wouldnt know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch.  -- mike muir/suicidal tendencies

skyman8081

• VIP
  • Kudos: 187
    • http://sauron.game-host.org/
OMG..what fucking pricks
« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2003, 10:52 »
quote:
Multiple instances of the same application will still contract into one task bar position which, when clicked, pops up a menu, allowing you to pick the one you want to access.

Right-clicking the group gives you the option to tile its members horizontally or vertically, which is great for comparing websites or documents side by side.

That has been in KDE/GNOME for ages.  And I hate it, and turned it orr.

quote:
The DCE, effectively an API (Application Program Interface) codenamed Avalon, radically alters the way in which the operating system draws on-screen data.

really like XFree86 and Quartz/Aqua have already done?

quote:
Avalon, though, sees the desktop as a number of layers, just like a Photoshop image. It can therefore distribute active programs onto their own dedicated layer to form a stack of windows.

As such, even unseen items will exist in this stack regardless of whether or not they are visible on screen.

This allows for some impressive handling and lets you apply to your application windows the kind of features you'd only find on a skinning site, such as alpha blends. As you might expect, this will be handled by DirectX.

my god. that has been is XFree86 and Quatrz/Aqua for god knows how long

quote:
Longhorn is the first truly component-based desktop operating system. By this we mean that the base installation is not necessarily a fixed configuration on top of which manufacturers install their own modifications.

By componentising the OS in this way, Microsoft has given hardware and software vendors the ability to physically replace key sections of the base code to produce truly customised releases.

BULLSHIT!!!!!
OSX and linux have been doing this already for years!!!! (linux longer anyway, but OSX is relativly newer)

amazing how M$ can do a piss-poor job at re-packaging something that others have already been doing.  whats next Longhorn's "NEW" pop-up icons! even thought KDE and OSX already have this.

[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: [root@localhost /]$ ]

2 motherfuckers have sigged me so far.  Fuck yeah!

suselinux

• Kudos: 30
OMG..what fucking pricks
« Reply #4 on: 24 July 2003, 11:40 »
Ya know whats going to happen?

People are going to see all the gizmos MS ripped off from MAC and *nix/Linux, and then when they see Linux or OSX they'll say " Hey, They stole that from  Micrococksuckershitteaterdicklickercumguzllersost!)

Cumguzlersoft----I'm gonna use that from now on!

Stilly

• Kudos: 29
    • http://kickassshit.tk/
OMG..what fucking pricks
« Reply #5 on: 24 July 2003, 13:44 »
cumguzlersoft is fucking genius, I am so gonna steal it

and even they admitted that the slideshow was shit.
just say know

bwid_s_01

OMG..what fucking pricks
« Reply #6 on: 24 July 2003, 18:31 »
quote:
Originally posted by Laukev7:
Hey, maybe I should write my own review.

OH, if you did that would be great, especially if it was well written as sent out & posted on some site that is read by lots of people (zdnet, cnet, etc..)
I've tried the latest 2 builds of Longhorn and have to say that it is the most resource-hogging, not that stable, completely retarded operating system with a fisher-price like GUI designed for a 5 year old.

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
OMG..what fucking pricks
« Reply #7 on: 24 July 2003, 21:57 »
Oh, I can write very well, believe me. You should have seen how I tore apart the first Harry Potter movie in one of my reviews! (The novels are great though.)

Anyway, in the mean time you can read some of my comments here:

http://forum.microsuck.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000670

I have lots of time on my hands, so I guess I could write a review. I never reviewed an operating system before, though, and I'm not sure where to start, so feel free to give suggestions.

[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: Laukev7 ]

mattymanx

OMG..what fucking pricks
« Reply #8 on: 24 July 2003, 23:09 »
Microsoft should replace ALL instructions for their software, OS, office or whatever, with four simple words:

quote:
Bend Over And Enjoy!

quote:
By collaborating with compatible hardware from the likes of Intel and AMD, every file can be invisibly tagged and set to work on only specified machines, or stop working altogether after a set amount of time.

This allows DVD distributors to produce self-destructing discs, or corporates to write documents that can't be read outside their own network.

Going beyond that, though, the Trustworthy Computing Initiative can also be used for verification and identification, and, if adopted by online banks or retailers, it should add considerable security to their services.

What a bunch of fucking morons!

M51DPS

• VIP
  • Kudos: 30
OMG..what fucking pricks
« Reply #9 on: 26 July 2003, 04:31 »
quote:
By collaborating with compatible hardware from the likes of Intel and AMD, every file can be invisibly tagged and set to work on only specified machines, or stop working altogether after a set amount of time.

They just said "We got this new system for hiding the files that track whatever you do. Now they can only be read on our machines, and we guess that the system might be vaguely usefull (but more likely annoying) for you.

sime

• Kudos: 4
    • http://www.azuro.com
OMG..what fucking pricks
« Reply #10 on: 26 July 2003, 07:19 »
Yup,

it's a different tune ...

BUT

It's the same old shit!

@ least our $MS hate glands will continue to be utilised.

:D

Later
==================================================
If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem.

Sime@04
==================================================

avello500

• http://www.suicidaltendencies.com/
OMG..what fucking pricks
« Reply #11 on: 26 July 2003, 08:22 »
i hope they do it.
think about it.
if everyone thinks there safe then they will be caught off-gaurd when people start walking into the system. and wouldnt it be nice of microsoft to pull all of those things together for anyone to benifit from.
really it will be like walking into a bank full of money and no-one to stop you from taking what you want.
and once the public understands this an\d the banks lose millions then maybe m$ will get the bitch slapping they deserve.
How can you say im crazy? You wouldnt know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch.  -- mike muir/suicidal tendencies

Stilly

• Kudos: 29
    • http://kickassshit.tk/
OMG..what fucking pricks
« Reply #12 on: 26 July 2003, 08:26 »
it would be nice if ms died without fucking the economy in the process
just say know

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
OMG..what fucking pricks
« Reply #13 on: 30 July 2003, 12:43 »
Ahhh... yes: Macro$uck innovation strikes again.   :rolleyes:  

quote:
The first thing you notice about the Longhorn interface is the task pane, called the Sidebar, which runs down the right-hand side of the screen...

The Sidebar is effectively an XML-based aggregator and, although its content is fairly simple at the moment and mostly centred on Windows-related tasks, in theory it could in the future act as a news ticker or weather tracker just as effectively as it can emulate a computer navigation tool.
Note: Stolen from QNX.    

quote:
Avalon, though, sees the desktop as a number of layers, just like a Photoshop image. It can therefore distribute active programs onto their own dedicated layer to form a stack of windows.

As such, even unseen items will exist in this stack regardless of whether or not they are visible on screen.
Note: Stolen from Enlightenment    
"This allows for some impressive handling and lets you apply to your application windows the kind of features you'd only find on a skinning site, such as alpha blends. As you might expect, this will be handled by DirectX." And we all know just how secure DirectX is, don't we?  ;)

quote:
Longhorn is the first truly component-based desktop operating system. By this we mean that the base installation is not necessarily a fixed configuration on top of which manufacturers install their own modifications.

By componentising the OS in this way, Microsoft has given hardware and software vendors the ability to physically replace key sections of the base code to produce truly customised releases.
Note: Already available with Linux, and it has been from day one.    

quote:

This allows DVD distributors to produce self-destructing discs, or corporates to write documents that can't be read outside their own network.
Note: Say "goodbye!" to fair use forever.    

It will be a cold day in Hell before I let this monstrousity anywhere near any system I own.   :mad:  

Macro$uck needs to dry up and blow away. The sooner, the better. Perhaps, if any good is to come from this, folks out there will finally realize the extent to which His Gatesness and his minions require you to sell your very soul to Redmond.

"There: now you'll never have to look at those dirty Windows anymore"
      --Daffy Duck
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
OMG..what fucking pricks
« Reply #14 on: 30 July 2003, 14:06 »
Correct me if I
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous