Author Topic: New trojan exploits MS JPEG bug  (Read 578 times)

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
New trojan exploits MS JPEG bug
« on: 2 October 2004, 21:09 »
quote:
A Trojan horse that exploits a weakness in Microsoft Windows XP and other programs has been detected in JPEG images. The method of attack is through malformed JPEGs created by a rogue program called "JPEG of Death.C."

Article

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #1 on: 2 October 2004, 21:21 »
JPEG of Death.C?  What happened to A and B?  There can't be 3 trojans already...or can there be?  :D
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #2 on: 2 October 2004, 13:53 »
I kinda like the virus. You get it from using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Office 2003 and it installs WinVNC and Radmin so the author can watch what you're doing.
Is a little peeking such a bad thing anyway?  

mobrien_12

• VIP
  • Kudos: 711
    • http://www.geocities.com/mobrien_12
« Reply #3 on: 30 September 2004, 15:33 »
quote:
Originally posted by Refalm / BOB:
I kinda like the virus. You get it from using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Office 2003 and it installs WinVNC and Radmin so the author can watch what you're doing.
Is a little peeking such a bad thing anyway?    

The probem is that with this stuff, more bad people can build armies of zombie PC's to do things like make spam centers, launch denial of service attacks, etc etc... all that stuff will affect non-windows users.
In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight....