Author Topic: Linux Tutorials  (Read 315 times)

Agent007

• Kudos: 0
Linux Tutorials
« on: 6 October 2003, 23:18 »
hi all,

I need to throughly understand on how to set up a webserver, mailserver, SAMBA, LTSP, installing databases, configuring a gateway etc etc.. Could someone pls point me to some good resources....I've gone through some how-to's, but they dont seem to be very detailed..

Btw, whould an Oreily book on system administration help? IS there a really good book covering all these topics 'in-depth'?

thanks..
AMD Athlon processor
256MB SDRAM
Linux Distro - RedHat 9.0

kibawarior

• Kudos: 109
Linux Tutorials
« Reply #1 on: 6 October 2003, 23:46 »
go to your local book store and buy any linux book they will be in the computer section. if you live in the uk you should go to ottakars they have tons of books on linux and unix I serously recomend that you buy a book that has a free copy of linux with it trust me though there are books on linux in all book store whsmith have a few books on red hat aswell.

the books will teach you everything from instilation to all the stuff you said or you could buy books from ebay they are real cheap.
linux is wayyyyy cool
windows plain sucks

insomnia

• Kudos: 0
Linux Tutorials
« Reply #2 on: 7 October 2003, 00:45 »
quote:
Originally posted by Agent007:
hi all,

I need to throughly understand on how to set up a webserver, mailserver, SAMBA, LTSP, installing databases, configuring a gateway etc etc.. Could someone pls point me to some good resources....I've gone through some how-to's, but they dont seem to be very detailed..

Btw, whould an Oreily book on system administration help? IS there a really good book covering all these topics 'in-depth'?

thanks..

http://www.tldp.org/
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    Voltaire

Injustice is happening now; suffering is happening now. We have choices to make now. To insist on absolute certainty before starting to apply ethics to life decisions is a way of choosing to be amoral.
R. Stallman

http://www.pvda.be/