Author Topic: i want to cry  (Read 2219 times)

mc0282

• Kudos: 0
i want to cry
« on: 26 October 2002, 03:11 »
what the computing world is coming to?  i just visted it this site
http://www.winsupersite.com/faq/longhorn.asp

this dude is liening to people saying how good LONGHORN is ,that's reason the Palladium  shit is going to happend. im not going to be able to control my system because microcock is going to have it in control . i promise to my self if the computer world is going to be this way im going retired and become a monk.

[ October 25, 2002: Message edited by: mc0282 ]

huh, what?

RudeCat7

• Kudos: 109
i want to cry
« Reply #1 on: 26 October 2002, 05:50 »
Hell's Heart

This links directly to a microsoft technical faq regarding palladium, and it states that palladium does NOT stop spam or viruses.

Somebody needs to get their story straight!  :mad:
*meow!* I didn't say Linux was easier, I said it was better, Dumbass!

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
i want to cry
« Reply #2 on: 26 October 2002, 11:24 »
First info on Palladium I've actually read from MS. Doesn't sound like the doomsday threat I hear ppl shouting about, but I suppose I'll have to wait for it's release to be sure.

I don't quite see what that guy was "liening" (yeah, that was a cheap shot, but I couldn't help myself) about since I have yet to see Palladium first hand. Don't put the cart before the horse. (or some similar, meaningful old saying)

BTW, what a silly name Palladium is. Bill mustave browsed the thesaurus for hours to come up with it.

pal

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
i want to cry
« Reply #3 on: 26 October 2002, 14:21 »
Palladium, n.

Where George Burns was scheduled to perform the night of his 100th birthday; a vanguard; a motherfucking bitch-ass penis pumping assraping cockgobbler idea that Bill Gates came up with so he could get a hard on by performing technological sadism on other people's hardware.
Go the fuck ~

mc0282

i want to cry
« Reply #4 on: 26 October 2002, 15:31 »
hey The Jimmy James / Bob . if they're planing to do this , do we the customer have a saying of this or vote  for this ? come on this going to change the computer world . telling  me i can't do this and that hell no  i want to be able download  whatever i feel not OS telling me the  file had illegal content you can't download it or change the clock has many time i feel like it . change hardware and  crash the bios for the hell of it i know is a stupid thing but just want my freedom on my pc i bought or build. god i hate microsoft  even more now . i wish had fast connection i would download linux  right now but i can't ..
huh, what?

RudeCat7

• Kudos: 109
i want to cry
« Reply #5 on: 26 October 2002, 19:39 »
Actually, I think the odds are for us. First, it's gonna take about 3 years for this longhorn crap to come out, unless it gets delayed even longer. Then most people are going to avoid spending money on new hardware....because if you remember, this palladium system will require ALL NEW HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE for it to work. So only people buying new systems after longhorn comes out will be stuck. Other people will simply not want to spend the cash.....cuz we're too smart or too cheap!
*meow!* I didn't say Linux was easier, I said it was better, Dumbass!

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
i want to cry
« Reply #6 on: 26 October 2002, 21:14 »
MS Claims
""Palladium" can't do that. "Palladium's" security chip (the SSC) and other features are not involved in the boot process of the OS or in the OS's decision to load an application that doesn't use a "Palladium" feature and execute it. Because "Palladium" is not involved in the boot process, it cannot block an OS, or drivers or any non-"Palladium" PC application from running. Only the user decides what "Palladium" applications get to run. Anyone can write an application to take advantage of "Palladium" APIs without notifying Microsoft (or anyone else) or getting its (or anyone else's) approval."

mc0282

i want to cry
« Reply #7 on: 26 October 2002, 23:34 »
i agree with you rudecat  alot people  i know they're really cheap to spend more for new systen or software...  but the stuff i read from neworder they say the  Palladium shit is going to check if you made any changes to the bios or hardware just like the wpa , and something about older computer won't be able to log on to internet  if you don't have Palladium and the chip on mainboard ..
have question to yah all this crap is going to happend Mac computers are going to be effect too ? and if you have linux  too

Linux im going to be knocking at your door very soon , and beg you to save me from Windows ..

[ October 26, 2002: Message edited by: mc0282 ]

[ October 26, 2002: Message edited by: mc0282 ]

huh, what?

foobar

• http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
i want to cry
« Reply #8 on: 26 October 2002, 23:45 »
It's nice having you step away from windows.
I do think that puters will be influenced by that palladium shit, because I think, when it will continue, it will become a standard to put them chips all over every puter's hardware.
Especiallty on the M$-begger's OEM puters ...
But flexible as the open source comminity has always been, we'll find a solution ...
We'll find a solution to anything!
Linux user #283039

Gosh, I love Linux Quake.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
i want to cry
« Reply #9 on: 26 October 2002, 23:53 »
No, Mc0454.

This stuff likely won't affect Mac's any time soon. Apple has supported Mp3's, open source, and several other non-Palladium initiatives in the past and does so currently. I don't see them adopting any tyranical TCPA style BS any time soon.

Remember, when Apple started out, they were manufacturing Blue Boxes to hack the phone system and make free phone calls. Their into freedom  :D
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

foobar

• http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
i want to cry
« Reply #10 on: 26 October 2002, 23:56 »
Isn't that last sentence of you nice to have as a sig?
Linux user #283039

Gosh, I love Linux Quake.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
i want to cry
« Reply #11 on: 27 October 2002, 00:52 »
Take it if you want, I like the UNIX is a state of mind better.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
i want to cry
« Reply #12 on: 27 October 2002, 21:06 »
quote:
A: As I  first revealed, the name wasn't chosen randomly. Remember that Windows XP was code-named Whistler and the next major version of Windows is code-named Blackcomb. Both of these names come from ski areas in British Columbia, close to Microsoft's headquarters. At the foot of Whistler Mountain, there is a saloon named Longhorn that serves the local skiing population.
So when are the owners of the Longhorn saloon gonna sue these bastards for infringing on the name of their business?   :D  

Their fundamental design flaws are completely concealed by their superficial design flaws.
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
i want to cry
« Reply #13 on: 27 October 2002, 21:30 »
quote:
Q: Can Linux, FreeBSD or another open source OS run on "Palladium" hardware?

A: Virtually anything that runs on a Windows-based machine today will still run on a "Palladium" machine (there are some esoteric exceptions[1]). If you currently have a machine that runs both Linux and Windows, you would be able to have that same functionality on a "Palladium" machine.

Q: Could Linux, FreeBSD or another open source OS create similar trust architecture?

A: From a technology perspective, it will be possible to develop a nexus that interoperates with other operating systems on the hardware of a "Palladium" PC. The "Palladium" PC design is covered by patents, and there will be intellectual property issues to be resolved. It is too early to speculate on how those issues might be addressed.

#########

[1] These exceptions include the following:

1. Some debuggers may need to be updated to work in the "Palladium" environment, but they can still work.
   2. Some special performance tools may need to be updated.
   3. Software that writes directly to TCPA hardware will need to be updated.
   4. Memory scrub routines (at the hardware level) will need attention.
   5. Third-party crash dump software may need to be updated.
   6. BIOS mode hibernation features will need to be updated to work with "Palladium."

Straight from the horse's mouth, as it were. "From a technology perspective, it will be possible to develop a nexus that interoperates with other operating systems on the hardware of a "Palladium" PC. The "Palladium" PC design is covered by patents, and there will be intellectual property issues to be resolved. It is too early to speculate on how those issues might be addressed"

In other words: HELL NO!!!!!!!!!

:mad:    :mad:    :mad:    :mad:  
Fuck Palladium, Fuck Microsoft, Fuck Intel and AMD for bending over and spreading them for His Gatesness' ugly, diseased cock. I'll give up computers completely before I run this.

Their fundamental design flaws are completely hidden by their superficial design flaws.
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
i want to cry
« Reply #14 on: 27 October 2002, 10:43 »
quote:
Originally posted by jtpenrod:
So when are the owners of the Longhorn saloon gonna sue these bastards for infringing on the name of their business?  

if i owned a bar called, say 'Carlyles', and those bastards called their next version of windows 'Carlyle', then i really would be pissed off! I think i would take them to court.

by the way, is there some apres-ski location called 'XP' as well?
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism