Author Topic: How do I extract images from a PDF to a real image file?  (Read 453 times)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
hello,
My girlfriend has been sent a press release and some images for a review she is writing, and the guy has sent the image as a PDF. Yes well. So what i want to know is, does anybody know an easy way to convert this into a real image? I found some utilities for windows, mostly wanting $60 for the privelege of allowing me to do this.

Will i have to use ksnapshot to take pictures of the bits (it's bigger than one screen) and then gimp them all together, or is there an easier way?

thanks in advance.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

black_angel2

• Kudos: 0
How do I extract images from a PDF to a real image file?
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2002, 08:01 »
depends what program you use to view the pdf most will let you copy and paste the image eg preview and acrobat (reader as well there's an icon on the bar that lets you select things).

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
How do I extract images from a PDF to a real image file?
« Reply #2 on: 12 November 2002, 15:38 »
wow! i never knew that! well we have got gv and xpdf installed, and can use either, also i have an old version of acrobat reader from 2001 that i can install (but i don't really want to since i have both those other two already).

I did just take a screenshot of it in the end, but thanks for your response and i will poke about in the menus of gv and xpdf to see what they have there, for future reference.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism