Author Topic: Halo in 2003  (Read 1051 times)

ravuya

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
Halo in 2003
« on: 14 July 2002, 03:56 »
So, finally, the grossly overrated (hell, it's nowhere near M2 quality) game by famous Microsoft sellouts Bungie has managed to finally be ported to the Macintosh and Windows platforms, to land in the summer of 2003.

http://www.bungie.net/perlbin/blam.pl?file=/site/1/news/stories/halo_for_mac_and_pc_announced.html

I think Bungie has let itself be led around by Microsoft. At least Microsoft managed to live up to it's agreement, but it's going to finish off so late it's not even going to be of note. And it's to be ported by the same Microsoft group that did the AoE2 port for Macintosh. I can hardly wait to see the grossly inflated hardware requirements.

rtgwbmsr

• VIP
    • http://www.akgames.net
Halo in 2003
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2002, 11:11 »
Nice! Maybe it won't be typical Microsoft software, and it'll work...  :confused:

ravuya

• VIP
Halo in 2003
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2002, 01:53 »
Well, it's written by a bunch of Mac guys, and our developers are famous for properly-coded software that works well so let's hope it rubs off on Westlake Interactive.

the_black_angel

Halo in 2003
« Reply #3 on: 16 July 2002, 14:39 »
What the fuck???? Why does it need to be ported to the mac, last year i got a video of halo and it was due to be released early this year for the mac and then the PC a couple of months later...??

This is just microsoft crap there deleying it so that it props up there box (Why are they so fucking huge?) and so that they sell of all the xboxes that they made and no one wanted.

with a week of release the xbox droped over 100 dollars in Australia
--
The Black Angel

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Halo in 2003
« Reply #4 on: 16 July 2002, 21:04 »
Hehe...

After Bungie sold out they started doing all sorts of suspicious crap. Oni was about to be released for the Mac when M$ baught bungie out, but the release was delayed for a year because M$ made them port it to the PC and make a dual release.

Pathetic.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR