Author Topic: Competition for iTunes  (Read 958 times)

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
Competition for iTunes
« on: 29 May 2003, 06:27 »
http://www.realnetworks.com/company/press/releases/2003/rhapsody.html

Oh, joy. 79 cents per download. What a bargain... before you have to pay for the monthly fee of $9.95.
  :rolleyes:  

I hope the Windows port of iTunes comes soon...

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
Competition for iTunes
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2003, 06:52 »
Apple's always the leader in pretty much everything. This is further proof.

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
Competition for iTunes
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2003, 07:52 »
monthly subscription fee. bah. laughable. at least i do not have to deal with that shit. by the way. i cant even get to the real.com site to check out rhapsody. it redirects me to the mac real one player site. annoying as hell. do they have the same restrictions on the media as Apple does?

xyle_one

• VIP
Competition for iTunes
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2003, 08:08 »
quote:
  6. Is there a limit to how much I can listen to?
 No. RHAPSODY has no limits, no meters, and no restrictions. You can play what you want, when you want, as much as you want.  Enjoy!      

7. Can I burn CDs?
 Yes. When you are subscribed to the RHAPSODY All Access subscription plan at $9.95 per month, you get unlimited listening to all the music in RHAPSODY's library plus the ability to burn tracks for an additional fee per track, on a pay-as-you-go basis.

Music you can burn to CD is marked with a red "burn icon" throughout the service.  Tracks that don't have a burn icon next to them aren't available for CD burning yet.  However, we are clearing rights and enabling new music for burning every day, so check back often!    

8. Do I have to be subscribed to the All Access subscription plan to burn CDs?
 Yes. Only subscribers to the RHAPSODY All Access subscription plan at $9.95 per month, will get the ability to burn tracks for an additional fee per track, on a pay-as-you-go basis.

Music you can burn to CD is marked with a red "burn icon" throughout the service.  Tracks that don't have a burn icon next to them aren't available for CD burning yet.  However, we are clearing rights and enabling new music for burning every day, so check back often!    

9. Can I get downloads in RHAPSODY?
 No. RHAPSODY is an on-demand streaming service.  This means you don't have to wait for downloads to listen to CD-quality music.  Once you've used it for a while, you may never want to download a music file again. If you want to take your music with you, we offer CD burning for an additional fee per track, when you are subscribed to the All Access subscription plan at $9.95 per month.  

If you're looking for portability beyond the CD player, stay tuned, because we are working on bringing RHAPSODY to wireless and net-attached consumer electronic devices in the near future.    

rhapsody
i dont know. what if the burn fails, you would be out some cash. at least Music Store lets me store music to my drive, and i do not have to depend on reals server to listen to MY music. i dont like it. And, if the download fails, i can redownload it. i am happy paying 99cents for the actual file. i guess you could burn a disc, then rip it. but that seems ass backwards to me.

rtgwbmsr

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.akgames.net
Competition for iTunes
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2003, 08:42 »
For the mathematically inclined, if you download more than 50 songs a month, it becomes worth it.
But:
50 songs @ .79 a song = $39.50 in music
PLUS the $9.95 means over $50 in music a month. I sure as hell don't buy that much...even when the only options were tapes and CDs, I still didn't spend that much.

Plus, it's not like you can burn them as much as you want for free or anything...

Translation: Fuck it. It sucks. Use iTunes.

xyle_one

• VIP
Competition for iTunes
« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2003, 08:49 »
quote:
Originally posted by The Muffin Man:
other stuff........

Translation: Fuck it. It sucks. Use iTunes.

werd  :D