Author Topic: tell me this is not true i beg you  (Read 985 times)

kibawarior

• Kudos: 109
tell me this is not true i beg you
« on: 21 September 2003, 23:08 »
lately i have gotten tired of dual booting on windows cus not all of my hardware works on linux this is because appart from via and epson some people are too lazy to make drivers for linux.

I had to completely format my disks last week and have a plain windows box any one of you may relise my agony i hate microsoft and their products but because i have no current alternatives i have to use the shitty crappy os.

let me get to the point i walked in to a shop about a week ago. i needed to by a printer if you must know i asked the guy if he recomended macs. he told me that in 7 years they will discontinue making macs please tell me he was lying.
linux is wayyyyy cool
windows plain sucks

billy_gates

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.skinner.com/jeffberg
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2003, 23:21 »
LOL.  thats funny.  Did he say that with a serious face?  I am 100% certain its not true.  I know that they will not discontinue them.  They may go out of business, although very unlikely.  But macs will never be discontinued per say.  If apple discontinued them, what would they sell.  Quicktime Pro for Windows?!?!?

kibawarior

• Kudos: 109
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2003, 23:27 »
good point but he told me that microsoft had boaght out their supliers
linux is wayyyyy cool
windows plain sucks

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #3 on: 22 September 2003, 21:06 »
he's a moron, and probably saw that humorous piece about Apple discontinuing Macs in '07

It was written by a Mac user
Go the fuck ~

mushrooomprince

• Kudos: 55
« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2003, 04:12 »
Hes probably one of those young guys that work in the computer stores and were teens in the early 90's.  And those early 90's macs are probably the only thing he knows.
All your base are belong to us.

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
« Reply #5 on: 24 September 2003, 04:21 »
hahahahahhahahahahaha.ha....oh....hehee. wow. thanks. 7 years? i doubt it. MS bought out suplliers? what, the apple stores?

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
« Reply #6 on: 24 September 2003, 04:44 »
Why would they make plans to stop in exactly seven years? What kind of retarded propaganda bullshit was that asshat spouting?