Author Topic: OSX will convert you...  (Read 1101 times)

NJDevils

• Kudos: 0
OSX will convert you...
« on: 28 March 2002, 21:58 »
MacOSX will convert a LOT of people to the Mac platform.

First, I have to admit, it has all the glowing buttons, and soft friendliness necessary to lure the masses to it.

But lets not kid ourselves, this is a full strength OS. After years of using MacOS, frustrated my its interesting forms of multitasking, I can finally admit my powerbook is usable. And who can resist popping the term just to run the stupid top command?

Mac finally has the backend factor that so many have been begging for all these years. So my question is, how many here have considered buying a mac recently when they never would have before?

While they are expensive, I bought my powerbook used, there are ways folks....
Xbox must die.
MacOSX rox.

bcortens

OSX will convert you...
« Reply #1 on: 2 April 2002, 01:16 »
I love OS X   :D    :D    :D  after using it for 5 months now and not having it freeze or lock up or crash yet I am very happy not having to use Classic for anything anymore

finaly got the D2 and Starcraft OS X ports   :D  
If I never used map editor I would consider eliminating OS 9 from my hard drive altogether.

OS X has two of my PC using friends drooling over my iMac.

My iMac outperforms the one of them's tower hands down and the two were bought at the same time.

He got a PC I got a Mac and mine plays the new games quite well and his has had to be upgraded every few months just to run his software properly.

Get the new iMac it will last more than 2 years before you need to do anything to it.   :D  

OS X rules.
The wave of the future is within the holo field distorted world of Apple HQ

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
OSX will convert you...
« Reply #2 on: 2 April 2002, 02:03 »
And don't get me started on emulation! OSX console emulators rock!!!

www.emulation.net

They have it all. I love MAME GEO
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

billy_gates

• http://www.skinner.com/jeffberg
OSX will convert you...
« Reply #3 on: 2 April 2002, 09:10 »
OSX made me get a Mac, I have loved the easiness of Macs and Love Unix stuff. I couldn't stand XP.

I would sya that it was a mix of XP's crappiness and ugliness and OSX beauty and goodness together switched me.

Although I am very pissed at Apple's marketing shams. I think they should stop innovating and start dropping prices. The new 23" Screen and 10Gig iPod for example, the old screen and ipod are the same prices still and the new stuff is more expensive. And Apple wants you to pay a super high amount of money for a superdrive in a Powermac. they are screwing me with that one, luckily I take woodshop in a community college, so I got a 733MHz G4 for 1250, now I'm gonna get a Pioneer AO3 drive, Ha Apple, finally I was able to screw you up the ass because of your own rip off's. Now that is what I call getting a taste of your own medicine.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
OSX will convert you...
« Reply #4 on: 2 April 2002, 11:14 »
I dunno if the 23" is a rip off. Have you seen it? I have not seen a bigger brighter LCD for a long time. Besides for a screen that big, youll be lucky to find one in the 2000 dollar range.

But overal I agree with you. Buy your system low-end and by the stuff you can by third party from somebody else. You can really bring the price down like that.

Finally, iPod rocks! wooooo... hhehe... I dunno, I think their pretty damn cool, maybe I'm wierd  
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

ravuya

• VIP
OSX will convert you...
« Reply #5 on: 15 April 2002, 18:31 »
Don't forget that Apple's flat screen displays use the ADC digital interface, instead of the VGA craptastic-color-o-rama analog interface.

Much crisper, more exact color that way, plus the monitor's software can adapt as the phosphors in the display age.