Author Topic: Burning CDs.  (Read 417 times)

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
Burning CDs.
« on: 19 September 2003, 02:36 »
Strange thing. Most likely a windows ME error more than a mac error, but when I burn a cd on my mac, it just doesn't read in my parents computer. I have to boot into redhat and reburn the disc to make it work. The reason it is of concern is that i am constantly uploading shit to the interweb, but lack the connection to my machines. I would like to undersand the reason for this cd issue, though it really won't matter in about 2 weeks.

I even tried it with Toast, but that failed as well. I hate toast.

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
Burning CDs.
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2003, 02:43 »
You mean it doesn't show up when you put a blank CD into the drive? I had the same problem, you have to set the default to ask what to do in the CDs and DVDs system preference. If that's even your ploblem at all.

[ September 19, 2003: Message edited by: Macman ]

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
Burning CDs.
« Reply #2 on: 19 September 2003, 02:49 »
I can burn the cd just fine on my mac. The problem is the cd being unreadable by other systems. Namely, windows systems pre 2000. Maybe this should be in the windows section...

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Burning CDs.
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2003, 03:32 »
quote:
Originally posted by ecsyle:
I can burn the cd just fine on my mac. The problem is the cd being unreadable by other systems. Namely, windows systems pre 2000. Maybe this should be in the windows section...

Use toast, and burn your CD as an ISO 9660 or whatever the number is.

Then it should read fine in all computers.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR