Author Topic: COURT CRUSHES MICROSOFT'S ADVANTAGE  (Read 584 times)

HibbeeBoy

• Kudos: 0
COURT CRUSHES MICROSOFT'S ADVANTAGE
« on: 16 January 2003, 04:48 »
The killer feature to date that .Net has over Java is not technology; it's not marketing; it's not tools. It's distribution. It's the ability of developers to count on it being present when
they deploy their applications. That is the .Net advantage, and this injunction [requiring Microsoft to distribute Java with its desktop
operating system] cancels that out."
-- Richard Green, Sun's v.p. and general manager for Java and XML, as quoted by ComputerWorld

Microsoft are getting it tight from all over !
Democracy, it's like three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

Bazoukas

• Kudos: 140
    • http://whitehouse.com
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2003, 07:36 »
What .net (tech wise) does has been already been done to a great extend with QT Troll.
Yeah

panic8

• http://asdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadf
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2003, 02:22 »
Yea, whatever M$...  I think the development, deployment and avilability should be ended as it is an attempt to ensure/extend its monopoly and control over the computer industry.  Maybe Europe should do this?  No, M$ aren't based in Europe, so they don't really have the authority.  The US?  M$ are based in the USA... but no wait, the US are a corrupted domineering and hypocritical country with corporates pulling all the strings... forget it.  Nothing will happen against .net, oh yes, get ready for the ultimate in lock-in and vendor dependence.  

With M$'s closed x86 platform, Palladium, M$ not only have you locked from both hardware and software.

What can we do?  Once M$ .net gets out there will be no stopping their dominance/monopoly.

And those sharing source with governments deal.. I am infuriated over that too.  This is less a "get M$ software into the government" deal, but more of establishing a domineering political relationship with the government.  What about passing legistation to implement Palladium?  That'll be no problem to M$.  M$ are getting too political.  

Think they'll get it for "no fee"??  Yea right, but the price will be in their dependance and commitment to M$.  I'm sure these governments would be, under the scheme, prohibited from running Linux/open source or any competing software on their machines.  The government-M$ relationship will become like the love-hate one between OEMs, and once it establishes itself there will be no turning back, and we all know how damaging the M$-OEM relationship is.  

This may be the year for development and widespread adoption of Linux, but boy, are M$ taking extreme moves to bolt tight its monopoly and prevent all competition from entering.  There's a relevant article here, on why this year is crucial for Linux development, and it is crucial we defend ourselves from M$'s attacks

Over on Linux.com (owned by hypocrite VA Software) where I am trying to find the link I see a fucking Microsoft ad   :mad: .  Why do we put up with this insult, the attempted corruption of the Linux community from M$ facilitated by VA Software and its influencial OSDN network?!?

Here it is Untrusted Computing (I didn't find it on Linux.com either, despite the article being published today)

M$ is making me very angry.. they must be stopped  :mad:    :mad:
asdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadfasdfasdfadsfadsfadsfadf

rtgwbmsr

• VIP
    • http://www.akgames.net
« Reply #3 on: 23 January 2003, 02:25 »
There's two http://'s in that link...here's one that works:

www.linuxandmain.com/modules.php?name=News&new_topic=9