Author Topic: G5?  (Read 820 times)

Cacophanus

• Kudos: 0
    • http://cacophanus.net
G5?
« on: 5 March 2002, 10:42 »
Does anyone know what the deal with G5 is, like how fast and esxpensive these babies are going to be? Clock speed anyone?

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
G5?
« Reply #1 on: 6 March 2002, 01:49 »
Well, most rumours place the cycles around 2-2,5 GHz. I guess we
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

CommonSense

• VIP
    • http://www.microsuck.com
G5?
« Reply #2 on: 6 March 2002, 06:59 »
The only reason Apple is holding back on the G5 is that it isn't ready yet.  That's it.  If it were ready to go, they'd move heaven and earth to get a new case design and everything else in place -- all that shit is minor.  It's just that Motorola . . . is . . . slow.

Bateluer

G5?
« Reply #3 on: 6 March 2002, 21:30 »
I won't be doing any upgrades for a long time, prolly close to a year. And it certainly won't be to an Apple product  

Dual Sledgehammers . . . .mmmmmmmm

CommonSense

• VIP
    • http://www.microsuck.com
G5?
« Reply #4 on: 7 March 2002, 06:51 »
quote:
Originally posted by Bateleur:
I won't be doing any upgrades for a long time, prolly close to a year. And it certainly won't be to an Apple product  

Your loss.    

mskarl

• http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
G5?
« Reply #5 on: 7 March 2002, 23:47 »
quote:
Originally posted by Bateleur:

Dual Sledgehammers . . . .mmmmmmmm

Why would you make a quote like that?  You didn't even post a reason as to why?  Like we are going to give a shit what you think unless you give a reason as to why you think that.  People like you just clutter up the Forums and take away what they are used for.  So next time you post something please be more courtious to us all and THINK!
Big brother Microsoft sucks!!! (And my spelling is horrible)

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
G5?
« Reply #6 on: 8 March 2002, 02:51 »
He's a windoid. I don't know what he is trying to imply anyway. I have run a first generation iMac with no qualm up till like 2 months ago.Why the hell would anyone need to upgrade on a yearly basis?
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

bcortens

G5?
« Reply #7 on: 2 April 2002, 01:53 »
If you look at the IBM and Moto PPC designs they are strikingly similar so I think Apple should drop Moto and go with IBM. IBM has the resources to put out a product ON TIME.
The wave of the future is within the holo field distorted world of Apple HQ

psyjax

• VIP
G5?
« Reply #8 on: 2 April 2002, 02:00 »
quote:
Originally posted by Ben:
If you look at the IBM and Moto PPC designs they are strikingly similar so I think Apple should drop Moto and go with IBM. IBM has the resources to put out a product ON TIME.

This is true. IBM PPC's and Mototola are the same actually, at least the architecture. I think IBM developed it first and Apple chose Motorola as the Manufacturer.

The thing that is up in the air around the Mac Rummer Mill is the fact that Apple is fed up with Motorola. And Motorola is fed up with Apple. Motorola's contract is coming up soon and Apple may be considering either IBM or AMD to be their chip manufacturer. Eather would be way cool.

WhiteFire

G5?
« Reply #9 on: 17 April 2002, 10:37 »
quote:
Originally posted by cahult:
Well, most rumours place the cycles around 2-2,5 GHz. I guess we
"Dinsdale"

psyjax

• VIP
G5?
« Reply #10 on: 17 April 2002, 12:26 »
Im afraid cahult is right. I have seen those same spec's floating around. They say the range is 1.5 - 2.5 Ghz.

I don't know what the initial relese will be, but the chip is expected to rival AMD's next offering.